+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff's staggered work hours plan to cut city centre congestion

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    Don’t get us started on the Castle Street load of Balerics.
    Every time I pass, there is 2 people max using it.
    I've seen it quite busy during the day when the weather is good. While it must be hugely infuriating for commuting, there's something quite pleasant about it without all the traffic that runs along there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've seen it quite busy during the day when the weather is good. While it must be hugely infuriating for commuting, there's something quite pleasant about it without all the traffic that runs along there.
    I don’t know what days you’ve seen it busy on !!!

I pass it every weekend, at about 12 noon and 6pm ish, never more than 2 tables being used and staff standing around like lemons.

2 weeks ago I videoed the whole length of it at 7pm on a Sunday, NOT ONE TABLE WAS BEING USED

Total waste of tax payers money !!!

Bring on the elections !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

I pass it every weekend, at about 12 noon and 6pm ish, never more than 2 tables being used and staff standing around like lemons.

2 weeks ago I videoed the whole length of it at 7pm on a Sunday, NOT ONE TABLE WAS BEING USED

Bring on the elections !
    Can we see the video? not one table? I agree it is a load of guff....we dont need it there. You have the whole of st Mary Street, the Hayes, church street, mill lane already just to name a few

International

Bring on the elections !
    You forget that the real purpose was to get people used to Castle st being impassible so they can close it permanently . People actually using the place is incidental. It was closed a month before they did anything. But again they want to close that but do nothing about the disruption to bus routes and people going to and from work and using the shops. They don't care about tgat

2 weeks ago I videoed the whole length of it at 7pm on a Sunday

!
    You need a hobby

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You need a hobby

I was walking home, which is one of my hobbies, now Cardiff City Council have moved my bus stop

I was walking home, which is one of my hobbies, now Cardiff City Council have moved my bus stop
    How far from the original spot have they moved it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How far from the original spot have they moved it?

From what is supposed to be the Central Bus Station, (still waiting, what is it now 20 years ?), to Greyfriers.

It's not to bad for me, as I treat walking as an exercise, but for people older (i'm 69), infirm, mothers with kids, I can see it's a right pain in the backside

From what is supposed to be the Central Bus Station, (still waiting, what is it now 20 years ?), to Greyfriers.

It's not to bad for me, as I treat walking as an exercise, but for people older (i'm 69), infirm, mothers with kids, I can see it's a right pain in the backside
    I suppose it depends where people want to be. Same thing was said when st marys street was pedestrianised. Greyfriars rd is central for the shops etc. Do you mean connecting bus routes, to the west of the city etc? Don't buses stop in Westgate st? Does the city circle bus still run? Incidentally, we do need a central bus station.