+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Hi Maurice Swan, I presume you are the former City keeper from that era, which was my favourite time watching the City. I saw my first game in 1950 and have been a supporter ever since. I think the Liverpool game you mentioned was the first match of the 1959/60 season There were some great players around that time - Malloy, Graham Moore, Tapscott, Vearncombe (sorry about that!), Walsh and Johnny Watkins. I think that was the year we were promoted to the old First Division. They were great times indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Woosnam View Post
    Hi Maurice Swan, I presume you are the former City keeper from that era, which was my favourite time watching the City. I saw my first game in 1950 and have been a supporter ever since. I think the Liverpool game you mentioned was the first match of the 1959/60 season There were some great players around that time - Malloy, Graham Moore, Tapscott, Vearncombe (sorry about that!), Walsh and Johnny Watkins. I think that was the year we were promoted to the old First Division. They were great times indeed!
    Welcome Woosie. Your recollections are correct about that season.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/...f-city/1960/3/

Not sure that MS is THE former City keeper, though.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Welcome Woosie. Your recollections are correct about that season.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/...f-city/1960/3/

Not sure that MS is THE former City keeper, though.

StT.
    <><
    I remember the three City ‘keepers of the early 60s, Vearncombe, John & Swan. Some reckoned Swan was the best of the three but he seemed prone to injury and didn’t play anywhere near as much as the other two.