Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Unless its funded from the public purse , taxpayers or as other countries do through separate insurance , as you righty point out folk are living and working longer that pulls on the purse strings as the elderly need greater support and care , we can't have it all ways Covid health funding ,vaccines , job / business support , has tipped the world of government funding on its head , extreme measure for extreme times .

I note the triple lock is going to be suspended or scrapped , this is a big balancing act .
And there is debate about one tax , however in 2023 the levy will appear separated on wage slips as a health levy , for me I want to see the overall of the NHS and Social Care in which is coming in a bill as you have to have a plan to spend this in the right places there is so much waste and abuse of the NHS services because the services is free in its ( entirety unlike a lot of other countries where you get basic minimum health care free and pay insurance thereafter for social care ie Italy and Germany to name two ).

The big move for me would be to drag the social care back under the NHS umbrella , get rid of private companies running social care , to ensure we get the buck we deserve not for someone to profit from , and critically pay those carers a decent wage