Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
Old man used to watch the city but moved away from Wales in the late 70s. We moved back in the late 80s not long after I was born

City would've been the closest football league side growing up too so if you wanted a fix of professional football then Ninian Park was the closest ground in which to see it.

Always thought despite it being in the same ground how different the experience must’ve been for my dad, going from 2nd tier and regular European football to 3rd/4th tier yo yo club with a few thousand in attendance. May have felt a little like watching a different club in a way.

City has tended to feel a bit like a regional “South (East) Wales” club to me and I can’t say I overtly identify with Cardiff in a civic sense as I’m not from there. I like the place itself don’t get me wrong, lived there very happily for the best part of a decade and knew it fairly well.

Appreciate it may sound strange to a Cardiffian but for me the club could’ve been from any area of South Wales really. Sure there must be other places with a scarcity of professional clubs where this might happen - Tyne and Wear, Norfolk?
I agree, Cardiff are pretty much a south east Wales club, just take a look at the flags at games and you'll see places like Barry, Risca, Caerphilly etc