+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Outrage as stunning My City My Shirt mural is painted over

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Outrage as stunning My City My Shirt mural is painted over

Easy for me to say because I don’t eat them, but City fans should boycott McDonalds after this - shockingly insensitive.

FFS! Well p*ssed off now. The irony today is that they celebrate street art in Bristol and we vandalise it!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Easy for me to say because I don’t eat them, but City fans should boycott McDonalds after this - shockingly insensitive.
    Nothing to do with McD's tho really is it, they just rented advertising space!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Yes it was.

Yes it was.
    How? They just asked their agency to find advertising space!

How? They just asked their agency to find advertising space!
    It shouldn’t have been beyond the local McDonalds management to bring the fact that they were going to be scoring a PR own goal by going ahead with it.

It shouldn’t have been beyond the local McDonalds management to bring the fact that they were going to be scoring a PR own goal by going ahead with it.
    I bet the agency was using another subcontractor to prep the sites, someone else to put the advert up, all that McD's had done was to pay for X amount of hundred advertising spaces, they just couldn't know

as for the local McD's management knowing, most of the mcD's are franchises ( who might be owned by someone anywhere in the world, my local ones are owned by someone who has a few homes around the world, one is a massive estate in South Africa ) I am pretty sure he wouldn't know about the mural and I wouldn't even think they would know about the advertising spaces anyway

McD's are now paying for the space for the Mural to be repainted, which is the right thing to do and must be applauded

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I bet the agency was using another subcontractor to prep the sites, someone else to put the advert up, all that McD's had done was to pay for X amount of hundred advertising spaces, they just couldn't know

as for the local McD's management knowing, most of the mcD's are franchises ( who might be owned by someone anywhere in the world, my local ones are owned by someone who has a few homes around the world, one is a massive estate in South Africa ) I am pretty sure he wouldn't know about the mural and I wouldn't even think they would know about the advertising spaces anyway

McD's are now paying for the space for the Mural to be repainted, which is the right thing to do and must be applauded
    And its transpired that the original artist who painted the mural is part of the team over painting it, they cleary weren't that bothered abut it or they'd have stopped it before it became a problem! Sounds like a manufactured situation to create a news story tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

So you’re saying an individual McDonalds has no one in charge on the premises and they’re ordered about by faceless owners from other parts of the world who don’t know the first thing abiut individual stores? There has to be some sort of chain of command in every McDonalde and those in charge in the area should have been able to point out to someone that they were committing a big PR gaffe

Surely whoever owns it/rents it out is too blame? Cashing in off macdonalds?