+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did Ronnie Bird used to run The Romilly?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Did Ronnie Bird used to run The Romilly?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apologies, my memory of Cardiff pubs has gone to pot in the years since I stopped drinking - Ronnie was the landlord of the Golden Cross, not the Custom House.

As a kid, Peter Rodrigues lived a few hundred yards from the Romilly, but it's not him - this bloke had no connection with Cardiff apart from playing here for Southampton a few times..
    ? The Peter Rodrigues who we sold to Leicester and eventually captained Southampton to a Cup Final win is definitely a Cardiff boy, ex Ball Road scholar.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ? The Peter Rodrigues who we sold to Leicester and eventually captained Southampton to a Cup Final win is definitely a Cardiff boy, ex Ball Road scholar.
    I think you may be misreading what I said Mr Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think you may be misreading what I said Mr Parker.
    I’m confused... who had no connection to Cardiff apart from playing here for Southampton a few times?

I’m confused... who had no connection to Cardiff apart from playing here for Southampton a few times?
    Jim Steele.

He was indeed had a plaque on the wall somewhere at Llanrumney University Of Life