+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where's this free agent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where's this free agent?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think it was Wales Online speculating (but trying to make it sound ITK) towards the end of deadline day. It was the back up story to the 'Jordan Rhodes deal' that wasn't.

I reckon it's Jon Parkin. We may go down but we'll have a laugh doing it!

Although Niasse isn't a bad shout.
    Ah WoL they probably got it off a message board then lol.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted Rhodes. To be honest I don't think we are any worse off upfront than we were at the start of Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Ah WoL they probably got it off a message board then lol.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted Rhodes. To be honest I don't think we are any worse off upfront than we were at the start of Jan.
    I had real hopes for Glatzel. He is technically good, can finish, but just didn't fit with the way we were playing. He could have been a much better fit - and he had the chances - but it was as if he played himself out of the picture in his last few outings. The club commentary towards the end from the Millwall match summed it up for me, when Steve Morison was despairing about Glatzel's play and positioning. It was as if he had lost the plot; in the same way that Neil Harris had lost it towards the end. Sometimes you just have to accept it isn't happening! I think Harris will be successful somewhere else and I think Glatzel will come good - maybe even for us next season.

It makes perfect sense for Mick to bring in an experienced free agent striker on a short term deal. We had Moore-Glatzel-Harris and now we have Moore-Watters-Harris. I think we have gone backwards in quality and depth in the short term, even if there are more u23s pushing for a place on the pitch as well as the bench. Mick may be more of a tactical and coaching genius than I imagined, and be able to convert one of the other forward players into a credible striker option (Murphy possibly) but given our league position I want some squad security, so I hope WOL got it right.

Welcome Mr Sturridge, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I had real hopes for Glatzel. He is technically good, can finish, but just didn't fit with the way we were playing. He could have been a much better fit - and he had the chances - but it was as if he played himself out of the picture in his last few outings. The club commentary towards the end from the Millwall match summed it up for me, when Steve Morison was despairing about Glatzel's play and positioning. It was as if he had lost the plot; in the same way that Neil Harris had lost it towards the end. Sometimes you just have to accept it isn't happening! I think Harris will be successful somewhere else and I think Glatzel will come good - maybe even for us next season.

It makes perfect sense for Mick to bring in an experienced free agent striker on a short term deal. We had Moore-Glatzel-Harris and now we have Moore-Watters-Harris. I think we have gone backwards in quality and depth in the short term, even if there are more u23s pushing for a place on the pitch as well as the bench. Mick may be more of a tactical and coaching genius than I imagined, and be able to convert one of the other forward players into a credible striker option (Murphy possibly) but given our league position I want some squad security, so I hope WOL got it right.

Welcome Mr Sturridge, sir!
    I've often thought Murphy looks better down the middle, quick, good shot on him, can carry the ball