+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Working from Home.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Working from Home.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You're losing it, son. Calm down and enjoy life..
    I'm perfectly calm, dad, and am enjoying life. I don't need to spend 10-15 hours traveling to work a week, I don't need to spend £50 on fuel every week, I can start work when I like, and finish when I like. I am not constantly monitored (last time I experienced this was actually in an office), I don't get to hear people's boring life/love/health stories.

Your suggestion is that people should throw all this away because one day our jobs will be gone. It's based on nothing but being an old twat, and is probably based on no experience of management at all. I know a few people who can only function by having people telling them what to do every single hour. As a manager, I know who is slacking because it becomes pretty obvious. I don't need to be sat in an office with them to manage them, and they don't need to sit with me to be managed.

Needless to say, you probably wouldn't last very long in any team I managed because you aren't exactly innovative or forward thinking are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I'm perfectly calm, dad, and am enjoying life. I don't need to spend 10-15 hours traveling to work a week, I don't need to spend £50 on fuel every week, I can start work when I like, and finish when I like. I am not constantly monitored (last time I experienced this was actually in an office), I don't get to hear people's boring life/love/health stories.

Your suggestion is that people should throw all this away because one day our jobs will be gone. It's based on nothing but being an old twat, and is probably based on no experience of management at all. I know a few people who can only function by having people telling them what to do every single hour. As a manager, I know who is slacking because it becomes pretty obvious. I don't need to be sat in an office with them to manage them, and they don't need to sit with me to be managed.

Needless to say, you probably wouldn't last very long in any team I managed because you aren't exactly innovative or forward thinking are you?
    particularly liked the bit about not having to listen to peoples boring bullshit. I work on my own and it's absolute bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    particularly liked the bit about not having to listen to peoples boring bullshit. I work on my own and it's absolute bliss.
    fancy not having to listen to people's boring life/love/health stories. but spending time on here, how the blessed live

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post

Aw, that's a shame - you sound inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Aw, that's a shame - you sound inspirational.
    And you sound like you're stuck in a dead-end job.