+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

That wasn't a bad performance. The passing was better, quicker etc, as was the movement. We lack quality in the final third. Some poor decisions in the 2nd half in terms of final ball, although we don't get bodies in the box. Colwill should have done better when things opened up for him, as should have siopis. That stuff makes a difference and would have put a different complexion on things. That bit of quality doesn't really exist from players who are supposed to possess it in the final third. The touch and cross from Bowler was brilliant. Great finish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That wasn't a bad performance. The passing was better, quicker etc, as was the movement. We lack quality in the final third. Some poor decisions in the 2nd half in terms of final ball, although we don't get bodies in the box. Colwill should have done better when things opened up for him, as should have siopis. That stuff makes a difference and would have put a different complexion on things. That bit of quality doesn't really exist from players who are supposed to possess it in the final third. The touch and cross from Bowler was brilliant. Great finish as well.
    Agreed- I thought we looked slightly more dynamic with the ball tonight, even if things petered out in the final third.

I enjoyed the last 10 minutes, and with a goal scored from open play and 3 points, that was a relatively good evening's work from City.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Agreed- I thought we looked slightly more dynamic with the ball tonight, even if things petered out in the final third.

I enjoyed the last 10 minutes, and with a goal scored from open play and 3 points, that was a relatively good evening's work from City.
    Yup, and i'll take that, Because tonight there was some structure and shape, it was thought out and delivered in terms of result and a more convincing performance, more energy etc. people may not like the football, i don't, but i'm not going to be to critical when i can see how something is working, even if i don't like it. Credit to Bulut and the players tonight. With a bit more quality we'd have added a couple more. The concern, Disappointment was the lack of bodies in the box when we were in a good position. I don't think that will change under Bulut though.