+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mind boggling isn't it - all along they've been placing trying to look good above the truth and the ironic thing is that they've just been digging a deeper hole for themselves all the time.
    Its the civil service that have to get things like the track and trace done, and since Priti Patel and Dominic Cummings have declared war on them, what with Mark Sedwell resigning and Phillip Rutham sacked, I wonder if there is some sabotage going on?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Its the civil service that have to get things like the track and trace done, and since Priti Patel and Dominic Cummings have declared war on them, what with Mark Sedwell resigning and Phillip Rutham sacked, I wonder if there is some sabotage going on?
    Let’s get this right.

You’re suggesting the civil service are purposely sabotaging the governments efforts to aid the recovery of a country in the midst of a pandemic and thus risking more lives?

****inell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Let’s get this right.

You’re suggesting the civil service are purposely sabotaging the governments efforts to aid the recovery of a country in the midst of a pandemic and thus risking more lives?

****inell.

Or maybe they're just incompetent!

Or maybe they're just incompetent!
    The government, civil service or both?

BOTH

BOTH
    Ahhhhhh, so it’s not a deliberate act of sabotage by the civil service against Patel, Cummings and the government then.

Glad we’ve got to the bottom of that mystery where they can’t get an app off the ground that’s apparently integral for the nations recovery.

Ahhhhhh, so it’s not a deliberate act of sabotage by the civil service against Patel, Cummings and the government then.

Glad we’ve got to the bottom of that mystery where they can’t get an app off the ground that’s apparently integral for the nations recovery.
    As you say..integral to the nations recovery.....yet each of the four home nations seem to have done their own thing. Almost as if the population of the UK will stay within their own home nations, never to interact or meet? Really stupid

A pretty measured review once you get past the headline of the issues that caused the cancellation of the centralised app this week.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...ng-app-fiasco/

Philip Rutman wasn't sacked - he resigned.

Mark Sedwill resigning? Where is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Philip Rutman wasn't sacked - he resigned.

Mark Sedwill resigning? Where is that from?
    My mistake... I thought Rutman was sacked, but I believe he is having a go at the government because he says he was forced to resign.

Sedwill it seems has lost the support of the civil service after going native.

The message I was trying to get across was that there is not a lot of love lost between the civil service and the current Westminster government