+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Budget

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Budget

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why do you ask such stupid questions when it is quite obvious to a reasonable person that I was referring to advice given by these 'experts' in general. Clearly the average man doesn't refer to scientists on a regular basis.
    I was referring to the doctors and scientists that the BBC and other media outlets wheel out whenever something good or bad happens. As I said, they are always ready to pour doom and gloom on any good news and make any bad news look as bad as they can. When some doctor in a provincial hospital or a scientist that 'was on the SAGE committee but isn't any more' and such like are trollied out I always wonder how many people the media outlet in question spoke to before they found one who was prepared to voice the opinion they wanted to air.
    Which scientists do you refer to?
    It was a fair question I thought. If you dismiss advice given by scientists and doctors who do you rely on for accurate information?

International

It wasn't a fair question, but I don't rely on any one in particular. As I said, I take everything with a pinch of salt. Life has taught me that when you hear 2 sides of anything the truth is normally somewhere in the middle. And of course despite their calling, doctors and scientists views on a subject or policy can be coloured by their own view of things in general. Like anyone else they tell you what they want you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It was a fair question I thought. If you dismiss advice given by scientists and doctors who do you rely on for accurate information?
    Stupid question