+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This Brexit malarkey is going well

This Brexit malarkey is going well

Nissan 2013: If the UK leaves the EU we’ll have to reconsider our investments in the UK

Project fear!

Nissan 2016: No, seriously brexit will be bad for the car industry.

Project fear!

Nissan 2018: Yeah this isn’t good.

Project fear!

Nissan 2020: Bye

Project...oh

Would that be the Nissan plant that's the largest single employer in the area? Would that be the Nissan plant that contributes more to the UK economy than the entire UK fishing industry? Would that be Sunderland that voted for Brexit?

I'm trying to be sympathetic. I really am.

Re: This Brexit malarkey is going well

only a rumour at this stage nicked from a german auto magazine

if true think they currently employ around 7,000 people directly and 40 ,000 in the supply chain

It sounds like a multi-national company flexing its muscle at a crucial point of negotiations. I don't think any organisation would make multi-million pound decisions at this stage without understanding the deal.

This is more about influencing a deal in Nissan's favour. If there was any organisation in the world that understood the emotive political power of a Tory get it done government letting down the workers and voters of Sunderland it is Nissan.

Which can only mean pressurising the UK government to concede on issues that make the free movement of goods the most liberal.

The Tory worry bit comes when people see the deal and they work out what was sacrificed for what was gained.

Outside of Brexit unless Nissan commits to making electric or hybrid cars we will see a job loss anyway won't we ??? the car industry all over the world is changing its dynamics and job losses will occur .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Outside of Brexit unless Nissan commits to making electric or hybrid cars we will see a job loss anyway won't we ??? the car industry all over the world is changing its dynamics and job losses will occur .
    Nissan seems to be an e-car leader. Job losses may occur because of automation but why demand?

Do you think that people will want fewer cars in a decade? (of course unless the economic impact of Brexit makes that an outcome).

expected news on gigafactory battery manufacturing coming from the government this week . 4 are planned for the UK in the coming years to support electric vehicle manufacturing in the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ctric-vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Nissan seems to be an e-car leader. Job losses may occur because of automation but why demand?

Do you think that people will want fewer cars in a decade? (of course unless the economic impact of Brexit makes that an outcome).
    More to do with cars becoming almost computers that require less moving parts that are manufactured they currently need a lot more manpower within the car plants or at manufacturing plants, I wonder if that very manpower will be required and that effect it may have on the areas supporting the Nissan plant , you see this around the world as automation takes over .

More to do with cars becoming almost computers that require less moving parts that are manufactured they currently need a lot more manpower within the car plants or at manufacturing plants, I wonder if that very manpower will be required and that effect it may have on the areas supporting the Nissan plant , you see this around the world as automation takes over .
    What do you think that this new UK manufacturing hub will be making?

The Nissan Stupido?

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ns-begin/page2

Deal or no deal , back it or don't .

Both parties maybe voting on it very soon , wonder how the vote will go , bound to be conflict within Labour as well as the Tories we will probably see SNP vote against it., what will Labour do ?

This is truly pathetic. Get used to months more of these lies. The words of the German ambassador highlight what a joke this nation is becoming in international eyes.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1765005.html

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    This is truly pathetic. Get used to months more of these lies. The words of the German ambassador highlight what a joke this nation is becoming in international eyes.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1765005.html
    It is very jingoistic statement .

Sadly the truth is lost in this debate and we do lead the field in medicine which we should be proud off , hence the demand around the world for students wanting to study the subject matter in the UK

The boring brinkmanship goes on and on and on, but I'm still betting on Johnson to come to the rescue with a deal, will it be "the best of both worlds", "oven ready" or the one he negotiated just in time for last year's election though?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The boring brinkmanship goes on and on and on, but I'm still betting on Johnson to come to the rescue with a deal, will it be "the best of both worlds", "oven ready" or the one he negotiated just in time for last year's election though?
    Surprise, surprise Boris is going to meet Ursula in Brussels

And surprise surprise again it will probably be when Merkel, Macron and co are in town for the European summit on Thursday and Fruday.

Expect white (or black but hopefully not) smoke sometime in the early hours of Friday morning ( or Saturday if they decide to extend the summit - it wouldn't surprise me in the least if all countries have been told to expect an extra day!)

Incidentall you may detect a slight element of cynicism in my previous post!!

Some good news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55229681

The UK and EU have reached agreement on how rules in the Brexit divorce deal will be implemented, particularly in relation to Northern Ireland.

The government says an agreement in principle has been found for issues including border control posts and the supply of medicines.

The government says it will now withdraw controversial clauses in the Internal Market Bill.

However negotiations to reach a post-Brexit trade deal are still ongoing.

The details of the agreement have not been published but are expected to be rubber stamped in the coming days.

All I know is If Labour had held its nose and backed May's deal, Boris big majority may not have happened , Ironically we may now see Labour backing a Boris deal , priceless 😀

What a farce, no one comes out of it well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What a farce, no one comes out of it well.
    Indeed, I think Brexit changed politics and people's behaviours more than anything I can recall, the fact that 72% voted says a lot .

Great news for Brexit voting Bridgend https://twitter.com/faisalislam/stat...045635072?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Great news for Brexit voting Bridgend https://twitter.com/faisalislam/stat...045635072?s=21
    Must have been offered huge cash incentives me thinks .

Must have been offered huge cash incentives me thinks .
    Do you?

I think that (despite the expected denials) Brexit was a major factor and the deal to acquire a modern assembly plant in France (which is in the EU!) with Smart car production thrown in offset any residual jingoism by the Brexit supporting owner.

Like Dyson to Singapore - money and markets talk to the cheerleaders of Britain First and Taking Back Control. Profit before posturing!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Do you?

I think that (despite the expected denials) Brexit was a major factor and the deal to acquire a modern assembly plant in France (which is in the EU!) with Smart car production thrown in offset any residual jingoism by the Brexit supporting owner.

Like Dyson to Singapore - money and markets talk to the cheerleaders of Britain First and Taking Back Control. Profit before posturing!
    Business men will take the better commercial deal, the new plant on the German French border is a fully ready to manufacture site Bridgend wasn't and then we have the wonderful M4 infrastructure issues that has stopped any businesses coming to Wales never mind the decades of bridge tolls , these are logistics brick walls we suffer from .

Its a petrol and diesel machine not a smart one.

We just got out bid is my guess.

The new Defender being built in Belpher in Derbyshire is going ahead ??

Business men will take the better commercial deal, the new plant on the German French border is a fully ready to manufacture site Bridgend wasn't and then we have the wonderful M4 infrastructure issues that has stopped any businesses coming to Wales never mind the decades of bridge tolls , these are logistics brick walls we suffer from .

Its a petrol and diesel machine not a smart one.

We just got out bid is my guess.

The new Defender being built in Belpher in Derbyshire is going ahead ??
    Delusional