+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this guys sentence justified, or should it have been longer?

Is this guys sentence justified, or should it have been longer?

Richard Pusey: Australian jailed for filming dying officers https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56910687

Re: Is this guys sentence justified, or should it have been longer?

Of course its too short.

Hes already hated out there though and this sentence is going to add to that.

Wouldn't like to be him walking the streets.

You could argue, that he caused the deaths, by speeding !

If he wasn't speeding, there would have been no reason to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

^^ This

Disgusting. Out in days
    What kind of justice is this for the dead and their families?

I agree you could argue that he had a partial responsibility but the trouble is where do you stop.Maybe he should have stayed in bed.

I agree that the sentence is too short but he didn’t cause the deaths of the police officers. The lorry driver who hit them, has been sentenced to 22 years in prison because he was high on drugs and suffering hallucinations.

He didn't cause the deaths, there was a lorry driver off his face who caused the deaths. He shouldn't be getting away with the public anger just because this guy was a total asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I agree you could argue that he had a partial responsibility but the trouble is where do you stop.Maybe he should have stayed in bed.
    I don't see how you can argue even partial repsonsibility for the deaths. If Mr Smith hits a pedestrian while driving to see his mum, is the mum partly responsible?

After all, Mr Smith wouldn't be on that road at the time if not for her, just as the police wouldn't have been there but for Pusey.

You can't dig that deep, just blame him for what he actually chose to do.

Feedback

what a horrible human being. However, is being a sick **** taunting others really a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^ This

Disgusting. Out in days
    What kind of justice is this for the dead and their families?
    He has been on remand for about 12 mths, obviously has some sort of disorder and is being looked at for other things
    So is paying quite a price. Let’s face it he’s a marked man, the bill won’t let this slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    what a horrible human being. However, is being a sick **** taunting others really a crime?
    Agree with this is obviously a scumbag of the highest order but I don't know what more you can do.

He clearly needs jail time but also a psychiatrist to work out why he would do such a thing

I can't imagine what was going on upstairs whilst he filmed people dying

He needs punishment for what he did and treatment as he's clearly not well

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    It is , outraging public decency

He's got a complex personality disorder according to the judge

He's clearly not well and once he's been punished he needs treatment

My take on this, is in no way can the cause of these deaths be blamed or even partially blamed on Pusey. That was 100% down to the Lorry driver.
    The filming of the police as they lay dying in agony is absolutely despicable and depraved though. It doesn’t surprise me, with the direction society is moving in.
    Respect seems to be disappearing
    in all walks of modern day life.
    Not sure if a long prison stretch in this case is the answer either.
    You would like to think country wide naming and shaming would put other folk off acting in this way, but somehow i doubt it would deter other despicable pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My take on this, is in no way can the cause of these deaths be blamed or even partially blamed on Pusey. That was 100% down to the Lorry driver.
    The filming of the police as they lay dying in agony is absolutely despicable and depraved though. It doesn’t surprise me, with the direction society is moving in.
    You would like to think country wide naming and shaming would put other folk off acting in this way, but somehow i doubt it would deter other despicable pricks.
    I'm quite sure this could have happened 50, 60, 100 years ago, but we didn't have phones, social media or police body cameras to find out about it.

He won't be the first man ever to taunt a dying police officer.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm quite sure this could have happened 50, 60, 100 years ago, but we didn't have phones, social media or police body cameras to find out about it.

I think humans have always been depraved its just there are more ways to display it now

Is filming a police officer doing his or her duty more depraved than a group of blokes on the Internet sharing videos of women being gang raped ? Which happens as does horrific child abuse forums ?

At the end of the second World War partisans in chezchoslovakia went round in gangs finding people of German ethnic origin raping the women and hanging the children

Mans inhumanity to Man has always been there

RIP to those police officers 🙏 😢

You are quite right. The world has always had it’s fair share of despicable cu*nts. But you surely can’t dispute the fact that respect is being lost all over the place.

that black guy that collapsed playing for Bolton a few years back ?

A University student posted on twitter he hoped the nggr dies 😢

There is no end to these people sadly

You are quite right. The world has always had it’s fair share of despicable cu*nts. But you surely can’t dispute the fact that respect is being lost all over the place.
    I think this is more about his mental illness than less respect amongst society.

Did you know that there are diaries written in the 16th century where they complain about the young generation lacking respect? Walking round with large ruffles or short pantaloons or something.

Its probably the opposite and it could be argued that respect is at its greatest levels and has been rising steadily with the advancement of education and society.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Its probably the opposite and it could be argued that respect is at its greatest levels and has been rising steadily with the advancement of education and society.
    You would like to think so, but still having to fight against racism, youngsters shooting and stabbing each other, youngsters attacking emergency crews, the amount of vitriol on social media, then it doesn’t appear that way to me.

I think this is more about his mental illness than less respect amongst society.

Did you know that there are diaries written in the 16th century where they complain about the young generation lacking respect? Walking round with large ruffles or short pantaloons or something.
    This case may be, but if someone got knocked down in a high st today, or someone got stabbed a few folk would try to help, but many more would stand there filming it on their phones.

This case may be, but if someone got knocked down in a high st today, or someone got stabbed a few folk would try to help, but many more would stand there filming it on their phones.
    True but in years gone by a few would have tried to help but many more would have stood there just watching, or kept walking

I'm inclined to agree with WT.

It wasn't that long ago there was a thing called self respect.
    People used to care about what other's perception of themself was.

The thought of bringing shame to the family by having the police knock on your door.

It just seems like anything goes so just get on and deal with it.

This guy may well have mental health problems and I'm sure his brief played on this big time but don't tell me he didn't know right from wrong.

He broke the law in the first instance, that in itself is risking hurting others.
    Taunting someone dying after trying to do their job instead of trying to perhaps comfort them is just wrong.
    To record and distribute the footage is just beyond belief.

" don't tell me he didn't know right from wrong."

I don't think anyone has suggested he isn't fully responsible for what he did.