+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scenes outside and Inside Old Trafford

Re: Scenes outside and Inside Old Trafford

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I don't see how the game being called off will affect the owners as it was a postponement and not a cancellation meaning TV money is secure.

Well, we don’t know yet. Unless the Premier league want this to happen again they must act to punish the club, and a good start would be to award the points to Liverpool.
    The club might be sued for loss of income by tv companies world wide and I hope by the poor buggers who’ve had their cars and property damaged or been assaulted during this incident.

If the club can’t provide security and safety for the general public then they shouldn’t be allowed to hold football games there. Possibly then , they should have to play all games next season behind closed doors in addition to a points deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Would we put up with their owners idiosyncrasies if they spent £719 Million on players?
    I think I would .
    Of course we would , in our own small way we have succumb to a millionaire propping us up and allowing us to compete more effectively within our league, its just a lesser value than the UTD's of this world .

I've enjoyed his support that has allowed some success.

Are the protests there so bad the game needed to be called off. ?

Get up stand up - don't give up the fight.

Rebrand aside. Tan has done well for us.
    Certainly not been a selling club, then again we haven’t had a player of any. note that any other club has wanted to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Not from what I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Rebrand aside. Tan has done well for us.
    Certainly not been a selling club, then again we haven’t had a player of any. note that any other club has wanted to buy
    Ken Zohore £8 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Ken Zohore £8 million.
    Ah yes forgot about that one.
    Don’t think anyone would have that down as a loss.

Well, we don’t know yet. Unless the Premier league want this to happen again they must act to punish the club, and a good start would be to award the points to Liverpool.
    The club might be sued for loss of income by tv companies world wide and I hope by the poor buggers who’ve had their cars and property damaged or been assaulted during this incident.

If the club can’t provide security and safety for the general public then they shouldn’t be allowed to hold football games there. Possibly then , they should have to play all games next season behind closed doors in addition to a points deduction.
    Arm chair Liverpool fan NQAT

Not condoning the troublemaking minority, arseholes latch on to any type of protest and often get the bloody headlines ahead of the legitimate majority. But then again holding placards in silence saying ‘Down With This Sort Of Thing’ like that Father Ted episode won’t achieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Arm chair Liverpool fan NQAT

Wrong. I’m not interested in any of the money teams who buy success and I’m not generally fond of scousers either.
    I just can’t accept that this criminal behaviour is justified in the name of football, and I don't want to see it become standard behaviour as stabbings, violence and public disorder did in the 1970’s.
    That’s exactly what will happen if we accept dissatisfaction with owners as an excuse to turn cars over and attack passers by on the public streets.

Ken Zohore £8 million.
    Still can’t believe it....almost a criminal offence but was cancelled out by Gary madine

Wrong. I’m not interested in any of the money teams who buy success and I’m not generally fond of scousers either.
    I just can’t accept that this criminal behaviour is justified in the name of football, and I don't want to see it become standard behaviour as stabbings, violence and public disorder did in the 1970’s.
    That’s exactly what will happen if we accept dissatisfaction with owners as an excuse to turn cars over and attack passers by on the public streets.
    Somebody get Mister Hysterical some beta blockers.

Did this happen?

4 years without a trophy no wonder they are protesting.

Ken Zohore £8 million.
    If he held on to the purple patch that he showed glimpses of here he would be worth 5+ times that.

Unfortunately after watching him for WB and Millwall his heads not in it

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's highly unlikely UK football can go down the 50+1 route because it would mean undoing so much of past three decades in football and fans accepting their clubs becoming less able to purchase best players from Europe for £100million plus.

While there are football fans desperate for game to improve ticket prices, representation for women's game, fair compensation for buying young players and not hoarding talent etc. there are also a huge number of fans who don't like the Super League but also don't like that their owners haven't spent as Man City and Chelsea have: seemingly never ending cheque-books and almost always leading to success.

There is also a detained Russian politician who has asked UK to impose sanctions on Roman Abramovich due to close ties to Putin's faux democracy government and yet Roman is one of the most popular owners in UK football. No conversation about the Super League, as far as I can tell, has included talk about how UK football is currently funded.
    Fans can't afford to buy the major stake in the big clubs. The interesting thing about the 51% fan ownership in the Bundesliga is that it was introduced in 1998 more as a liberalisation rather than as a restriction - as clubs were not permitted to be privately owned before then.

The model of club ownership in the UK will always involve a tension between fans and wealthy owners - and the drive towards exploiting revenue from other countries where TV viewers attach themselves to clubs merely as a brand seems unstoppable in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Glaziers leveraged the buyout against the club.
    Didn't they simply spot a window of opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not from what I’ve seen.
    Wasn't it Covid-19 related?

Game rumoured to being played today, not sure if credible or not.

Time to get these parasites out of the game. The Glazers have taken £2.1bn out of Man Utd. They're not required, time to start hurting their wallets. Man Utd have been protesting them politely for 16 years, sod all has happened.

Hope fans of the other clubs involved do the same. No place for violence but it is time for action now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Time to get these parasites out of the game. The Glazers have taken £2.1bn out of Man Utd. They're not required, time to start hurting their wallets. Man Utd have been protesting them politely for 16 years, sod all has happened.

Hope fans of the other clubs involved do the same. No place for violence but it is time for action now.
    I agree, all they did is borrow money to buy the club, that shouldn’t be allowed, it isn’t in lots of countries like the USA for starters.
    Football authorities shouldn’t allow such take overs to even happen. Isn’t there supposed to be some form of parameters that potential owners are supposed to meet?

Think the government task force needs to look at and merge this in with Competition Commission , as I see it these clubs have been allowed to create a monopoly.

If it did apply stricter laws , would big European clubs follow ?? If they didn't we the UK clubs would become weaker in all European competitions , I do wonder then how the UK fans would react as it woudl not be a level playing field with the other bigger clubs in Europe carrying on regardless and our alleged top 6 looking on in envy ??

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Well said.

I just watched MOTD2 and the fan/journalist they interviewed didn't come across very well. Tried to justify the actions as Manchester United fans campaigning for fairer distribution of wealth across the football pyramid. Yeah, that's what it was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Fans can't afford to buy the major stake in the big clubs. The interesting thing about the 51% fan ownership in the Bundesliga is that it was introduced in 1998 more as a liberalisation rather than as a restriction - as clubs were not permitted to be privately owned before then.

The model of club ownership in the UK will always involve a tension between fans and wealthy owners - and the drive towards exploiting revenue from other countries where TV viewers attach themselves to clubs merely as a brand seems unstoppable in the long term.
    the Government could try to force the owners to GIFT 51% of the club to the fans, but would " the big 6 " fans have voted against the Super cup, afterall they were happy enough to breakaway and form the EPL to get more money