Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
I agree with much of what you are saying and I hope that the bloke has died from natural causes

But it seems a bit odd ��

If the police have done nothing wrong then that will be it but there have been tensions between the police and the black community for many years since the murder of lynette White and the framing of those men

If I was from Butetown and this happened to someone I knew would I be looking for answers ? I think I probably would
My thought is that the guy was (apparently) released on the morning without charge. That usually means the person was under the influence of drik/drugs and he was banged up to sleep it off, hanging been enough of a nuicance to be arrested in the first place.
Under those circumstances if he had been abused inthe cells the police would have found reason to charge him and further detain him to explain any injuries. But if they just let him go they must have been unconcerned about his condition and/or what he might say or do. The comments elsewhere that he was allegedly tasered twice would suggest he was at least less than peaceable at the time of his arrest. Bad as they might be the police don't as a rule go around the countryside tasering innocent people for the fun of it.