+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 0 CZECH REPUBLIC. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 0 CZECH REPUBLIC. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I just don’t like cheats, I take it you don’t mind them ?
    I have no problem with footballers taking advantage of a situation, in part, created by poor play or indiscipline, Crack on as far as i'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I have no problem with footballers taking advantage of a situation, in part, created by poor play or indiscipline, Crack on as far as i'm concerned.
    I feel for you, it must be horrible going through life appreciating cheats

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Boring. It's the international window - he's one of us.
    Hard to take any of your posts seriously in the future, with that hypocrisy.

Roberts was as bad as Lamela (?) at Old Trafford earlier in the season.

Football’s pathetic with all these cheats either throwing themselves to the ground to win a penalty, or going down clutching their heads as if they’ve been punched, to get someone sent off.

I can’t stand it in football in general, and I can’t stand it in any team I support.

And it has nothing to do with Roberts being a Swansea player.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I feel for you, it must be horrible going through life appreciating cheats
    I appreciate your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What a pathetic comment.

You’re the type of bloke who calls diving, simulation.

People like you are symptomatic of why modern day football, has so many cheats who prosper.

The sooner its condemned by supporters and there even retrospective bans, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    What a pathetic comment.

You’re the type of bloke who calls diving, simulation.

People like you are symptomatic of why modern day football, has so many cheats who prosper.

The sooner its condemned by supporters and there even retrospective bans, the better.
    I appreciate your kind words.

Was nice to see our Gareth elbow that racist

Re: WALES v CZECH REPUBLIC. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Out and out cheating, he’s embarrassing.

We jump all over other teams who do it, it’s hypocrisy to think it’s ok when it’s one of our own.

No way was he was hit that hard he had to hold his face, and go down.

From the camera angle the ‘push’, looked like it may not even have touched his head.

He’s a cheat.

Karma he got sent off later.

Football should be clamping down on these cheats.
    Give it a rest matey. All you ever do is seem to come on here moaning about City and Wales. Go support the Wurzels and Engalnd!

There didn't seem to be a need for Roberts to go down holding his face but there was a clear elbow in the buildup to it(which it looks as though the ref had spotted). Roberts got booked for the same incident so it seemed fair enough to me.

Thought the second yellow for Roberts was more of a case of 'levelling the playing field' by the ref (and the Czechs were proving anything Roberts can do ,they can do better by clutching their face after every challenge) but the ref got a lot more right than wrong, including the 2 good 'penalty' decisions.

For Millwall 73/74, read Wales 20/21 as James header secures priceless win.

Heroic defending typifies Welsh spirit.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Good stuff Paul. Personally I was surprised we started with three centre backs for a must win game.
    What happens if we finish runners up in the group? Presumably we would then forfeit our likely play off spot from the Nations League?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good stuff Paul. Personally I was surprised we started with three centre backs for a must win game.
    What happens if we finish runners up in the group? Presumably we would then forfeit our likely play off spot from the Nations League?
    Yes and there's a good chance it would go to the Czechs from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Was nice to see our Gareth elbow that racist
    https://twitter.com/outsiders_footy/...236285960?s=10

Talking of things Czech....... there's a Czech series on Walter Presents called 'Wasteland' (original title: Pustina) and it's thoroughly depressing all the way through. It's set in the most miserable environment (an open cast mining area), the characters are all unappealing and the scenes are dominated by tat, dirty fingernails, seedy sex, prostitutes, drugs, a murder, a tortured donkey, rape, underage sex, criminality, bullying, sexual abuse, corruption, infidelity, alcoholism, mental breakdown and a lot else.
    On the one hand it's very depressing to watch but on the other hand it makes you realise how well off you are.
    I'm now going to return to watching something far more cheerful and light-hearted - such as a Scandi serial killer on the loose.......

By the way, Walter Presents recommendations:

1. Deliver Us: a Danish series. A bit like the above but nowhere as depressing. A corker.
    2. Monster: a Norwegian series. A bit like the above but more weird than depressing.
    3. The Twelve: A Belgian series in Flemish about a jury on a court case.
    4. Thirteen Commandments: A Belgian series in Flemish and about a killer who is working his way through the Commandments as to themes regarding his victims.
    5. The Investigation: This one is on BBC iplayer and it's a docu-drama about the true story about the murder of a Swedish journalist on a home-made submarine. It is the opposite of sensationalism and the killer is never named as a mark of respect to the deceased. Due to the work I do I spotted a few major errors in the marine investigation but those errors actually took place and, fortunately, were rectified by the investigators in due course.

I watch shedloads of such stuff and

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Talking of things Czech....... there's a Czech series on Walter Presents called 'Wasteland' (original title: Pustina) and it's thoroughly depressing all the way through. It's set in the most miserable environment (an open cast mining area), the characters are all unappealing and the scenes are dominated by tat, dirty fingernails, seedy sex, prostitutes, drugs, a murder, a tortured donkey, rape, underage sex, criminality, bullying, sexual abuse, corruption, infidelity, alcoholism, mental breakdown and a lot else.
    On the one hand it's very depressing to watch but on the other hand it makes you realise how well off you are.
    I'm now going to return to watching something far more cheerful and light-hearted - such as a Scandi serial killer on the loose.......

By the way, Walter Presents recommendations:

1. Deliver Us: a Danish series. A bit like the above but nowhere as depressing. A corker.
    2. Monster: a Norwegian series. A bit like the above but more weird than depressing.
    3. The Twelve: A Belgian series in Flemish about a jury on a court case.
    4. Thirteen Commandments: A Belgian series in Flemish and about a killer who is working his way through the Commandments as to themes regarding his victims.
    5. The Investigation: This one is on BBC iplayer and it's a docu-drama about the true story about the murder of a Swedish journalist on a home-made submarine. It is the opposite of sensationalism and the killer is never named as a mark of respect to the deceased. Due to the work I do I spotted a few major errors in the marine investigation but those errors actually took place and, fortunately, were rectified by the investigators in due course.

I watch shedloads of such stuff and
    You're flexing a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You're flexing a bit..
    I have no idea what that means but I hope it doesn't make me go blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have no idea what that means but I hope it doesn't make me go blind.
    It means showing off