+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arter to Sheff Utd ?

Arter to Sheff Utd ?

Thats my bet for next year.

Re: Arter to Sheff Utd ?

He won’t go up north with young fam in London.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He won’t go up north with young fam in London.....
    I don't know where his house is in London or whether he travelled back every day or stayed some nights in Cardiff - but the train travel times between Cardiff and London Paddington are about the same as those between Sheffield and London St Pancras.

I can't see him getting back in the Bournemouth side (and recently sold the house he had there).

Chris Wilder and Sheffield United looks a good fit.

If Scott Parker stays at Fulham in any role he’ll end up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    True, related now aren’t they?

Would you want your brother-in-law to be your boss?!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Would you want your brother-in-law to be your boss?!
    I would for 30k a week.

I think it's time for him to drop down to the Championship. He works really hard. Maybe he'd be better around better players, but I can't see anyone with any ambition to stay up chasing his signature.

He'll go to one of the promoted clubs or a higher end Championship club

I am fairly sure he would not make the team

I always thought Scott Parker was an intelligent footballer. I'm very interested to see how his managerial career pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't know where his house is in London or whether he travelled back every day or stayed some nights in Cardiff - but the train travel times between Cardiff and London Paddington are about the same as those between Sheffield and London St Pancras.

I can't see him getting back in the Bournemouth side (and recently sold the house he had there).

Chris Wilder and Sheffield United looks a good fit.
    Don't Arter and Wilder have some connection.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Don't Arter and Wilder have some connection.
    Don't know, but he has mentioned Arter in interviews before. This from November 2017:

The prospect of United being back in the Premier League is not particularly outlandish: several similar sized clubs are top-flight fixtures but Wilder has his favourite. “I love the Bournemouth model,” he says. “They’ve got Harry Arter who’s played in the Conference, Simon Francis, Charlie Daniels and Marc Pugh who’ve played in League One: the heartbeat of their team that have gone on to establish themselves in the Premier League played for Eddie [Howe] all the way through.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-championship

I haven't been convinced by Arter if I'm honest. When he came I thought he was better than his performances have shown for us.

I'm sure he was better for Bournemouth but when he plays for Cardiff and Ireland he just runs around like a mad man.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He'll go to one of the promoted clubs or a higher end Championship club
    We'll be one of those won't we?

[QUOTE=Hilts;4971006]I would for 30k a week.[/QUOT

Why would they pay him less than the £40k a week we did?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Seems to like Warnock, I didn't think he would drop down, but I'm begging to think he might, would be great if he did !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Seems to like Warnock, I didn't think he would drop down, but I'm begging to think he might, would be great if he did !!!
    I can't see any club with aspirations in the premier league wanting Arter. In my opinion he's quite a poor footballer, his passing is dicey, he makes up for poor positioning and technical ability by running two marathons per game and his anticipation isn't great, i just don't see it with him. When he first came i had no opinion on him, i'd never watched him play. There were some on here thinking that he was a footballer, i think that they had that impression simply because he had played under Howe, either that or they watch a tremendous amount of games and study opposing players . The only thing that i can think is that Arter is a better player when he has players around him who make themselves available very quickly so that he doesn't have time to think or make decisions, as he would have had at Bournemouth, and i'm sure Eddie Howe would've simplified things for Arter in order to get the best out of him, Win the ball and give it to someone else comes to mind. His game is comparable with Robbie Savage, although Savage was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can't see any club with aspirations in the premier league wanting Arter. In my opinion he's quite a poor footballer, his passing is dicey, he makes up for poor positioning and technical ability by running two marathons per game and his anticipation isn't great, i just don't see it with him. When he first came i had no opinion on him, i'd never watched him play. There were some on here thinking that he was a footballer, i think that they had that impression simply because he had played under Howe, either that or they watch a tremendous amount of games and study opposing players . The only thing that i can think is that Arter is a better player when he has players around him who make themselves available very quickly so that he doesn't have time to think or make decisions, as he would have had at Bournemouth, and i'm sure Eddie Howe would've simplified things for Arter in order to get the best out of him, Win the ball and give it to someone else comes to mind. His game is comparable with Robbie Savage, although Savage was better.
    I wouldn't argue with anything you've said there.

According to the 'City passing stats' thread, Arter is our most accurate long and short passer.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    According to the 'City passing stats' thread, Arter is our most accurate long and short passer.
    That's not difficult in this team. Like i said, maybe he's ok at giving the ball simple and allowing better players to be more creative, that way he becomes more effective and the work that he does is appreciated more, or more noticeable. His tackling is woeful, he goes to ground so easily and is late. I can only presume that Eddie Howe simplified the game for him and that Arter knew what his job was. I've focused on him on occasion and i've been perplexed by the amount of fruitless running he does, anyone normal would tell the manager to ****off! I appreciate his work rate but in all honesty i'm buggered if i can quite understand what he is trying to achieve at times.

Arter would struggle with a first team berth in the Premiership other than Sheff Utd or Norwich .

I'm sure we'd pay him good dosh ,its wether he wants to be a rich bench warmer in the Premier , or a rich worn out ,exhausted Championship player.

Arter would make an excellent Championship player but would not get into the vast majority of Premier League sides. I can't see any Premier League takers so will either opt to stay at Bournemouth, where he is still under contract, or drop down to the Championship on reduced wages.

I think he is very influential to our team and does a lot of hard graft that isn't noticed by your average fan, we were effectively relegated when he was injured and unable to help us during the run in which resulted in some very poor results in winnable games.