+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who used to enjoy the aggro?

Who used to enjoy the aggro?

I did, I loved it.
    The overall buzz was usually better than the actual match for me.
    Frowned upon now of course...but I’m not ashamed of it.

Re: Who used to enjoy the aggro?

I was an apprentice hooligan until the age of twelve, then realised how idiotic it all was.

After being arrested, charged twice, had a few kickings made great mates not ashamed,but at 64 what was all that about.
    Would i do it again if i was young probably.

It's tribal isn't it?

Like gang culture.

It's in our DNA.

But yes....

I did my best to stay clear of it.

But I got jumped on and got a kicking.

Was a casual more for the culture than the aggro. Used to travel with the train mob or on away coaches from the Kings in the 90s and got into one or two scrapes but it was more about the clothes and the music for me.

First rule of Fight Club..........

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Was a casual more for the culture than the aggro. Used to travel with the train mob or on away coaches from the Kings in the 90s and got into one or two scrapes but it was more about the clothes and the music for me.
    Same here...the culture like

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I did my best to stay clear of it.

But I got jumped on and got a kicking.
    Quite hard to stay clear of it in the 80’s and 90’s to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I did, I loved it.
    Sorry but you should be ashamed. It made me ashamed to be a City fan at times and dragged our club through the mire and into the gutter. The people who were involved in it had no thought for the well being of the club or the remainder of the fans, who just wanted to watch a game of football. I saw innocent women, children and old people trampled upon and beaten up, just because a group of morons wanted to massage their own egos and make themselves look big in front of their ‘mates’. Most of them weren't even interested in the football or Cardiff City. Good riddance to those days.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Sorry but you should be ashamed. It made me ashamed to be a City fan at times and dragged our club through the mire and into the gutter. The people who were involved in it had no thought for the well being of the club or the remainder of the fans, who just wanted to watch a game of football. I saw innocent women, children and old people trampled upon and beaten up, just because a group of morons wanted to massage their own egos and make themselves look big in front of their ‘mates’. Most of them weren't even interested in the football or Cardiff City. Good riddance to those days.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I posted a message saying I don't miss the agro at all, but you post something and I find myself siding with those who do . I'm assuming you're on the wind up, but can I ask when and where you "saw innocent women, children and old people trampled upon and beaten up"?

Loved a scrap it the day , there was s much pier pressure about within my environment , think it was a Llanrumney survival gene .

Thankful I've matured since thank god , still got a flair up temper when pushed though , mostly under control now though .

On a personal level this type of behavior was born from complex issues as a youngster , lost an alcoholic dad at 13 which was hard and didn't help . In my view it depended on where you lived , and schooled , parental control , who you hang and ran with .

I will admit to having some fun though

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I posted a message saying I don't miss the agro at all, but you post something and I find myself siding with those who do . I'm assuming you're on the wind up, but can I ask when and where you "saw innocent women, children and old people trampled upon and beaten up"?
    He read it happened once on a swansea forum

I did, I loved it.
    I loved it. Beer , football and a scrap not in any order

I used to enjoy watching people having Agro. Never wanted to be a part of it

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was an apprentice hooligan until the age of twelve, then realised how idiotic it all was.
    Started watching WWE instead no doubt

First Team

Not for me.
    As I went through the 70’s &80’s it was very much a part of the match day experience ,away from home especially.
    Aside from a few occasions, it was generally avoidable but being a gentle old soul I would have preferred not to have had to take avoiding action.
    Then again, sometimes, it was the main topic of conversation coming back from some away trips.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Quite hard to stay clear of it in the 80’s and 90’s to be honest
    It was 1971

We had a late game vs the wurzels, had to get a train to Newport then a bus to Risca to get home.

Got on a train full of yokels...
    No trouble.

Got jumped walking from Newport train station to the bus station.

I did, I loved it.
    I have probably been to thousands of games now and never ever got involved or dragged into it, and never had any interest in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I have probably been to thousands of games now and never ever got involved or dragged into it, and never had any interest in doing so.
    Are you Wayne nash by any chance?

I'm still as baffled about the whole idea as I always was. Having to be wary of how you travel to a game, or wearing colours, or going in the wrong pub, or having to get up at 6am to travel on a designated bus to a town 40 miles away for a game that won't kick off for 6 hours is bizarre. And it's all done because a few people might like to punch you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I loved it. Beer , football and a scrap not in any order
    That’s a cue for a Gareth Bale type flag!!

I have to agree with DML, it was disgraceful, it dragged the bad name of cardiff city through the dirt
    when you went away, you knew that every local headcase was out to get you

It was a bloody great time though not a single regret about it, ive said it before, it all came together at the right time for me, i was old enough to enjoy it but young enough to have the excuse of my age

oooo so many hard men in their youths in this thread! how exciting!

please!! thrill us all with more of your boring (maybe even bullshit) stories gramps!