+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sunak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sunak

I wonder what the fuss is all about. Surely these are core Tory values and the raison d'etre for these people's entry into politics.

True levelling up requires wholesale redistribution of assets and more. The object of Tory politicians is to prevent it happening so as to protect their type of people from it affecting them.

Re: Sunak

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I wonder what the fuss is all about. Surely these are core Tory values and the raison d'etre for these people's entry into politics.

True levelling up requires wholesale redistribution of assets and more. The object of Tory politicians is to prevent it happening so as to protect their type of people from it affecting them.
    This is why the politics of Boris Johnson were never going to work - he was appealing to two very different electorates.

To one group he promised billions in "levelling up" and the other he assured them he'd deliver tax cuts and a small state. It still amazes me how so many fell for this con trick. He was always going to let down one group and it's hardly a surprise that his premiership was a disaster.

It looks like Truss is trying to sell the same nonsense and is clearly as unprincipled as Johnson.

Sunak is slightly more realistic but showed his true colours earlier, a sort of reverse Robin Hood.

What a time to be alive.