+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How much is too much? Marcus Rashford, burnout and player welfare article

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How much is too much? Marcus Rashford, burnout and player welfare article

Tom Brady just played an entire season and won a Super Bowl with a torn MCL.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tom Brady just played an entire season and won a Super Bowl with a torn MCL.
    Brady has played 36 games in the last two years with a 9 month break between competitive games compared to Rashford who has played 114 games in two years with a break of 34 days between. I don't want to be rude but you should know the scenarios are different for multiple reasons.

It's not an article about Rashford, it's just using his name to make the point. No one is asking you to feel sympathy for any one individual.

The fans want more games, the sponsors want more games, the ruling bodies want more games but at what point do we start to talk about player welfare? For some of you on here the answer appears to be never.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Brady has played 36 games in the last two years with a 9 month break between competitive games compared to Rashford who has played 114 games in two years with a break of 34 days between. I don't want to be rude but you should know the scenarios are different for multiple reasons.

It's not an article about Rashford, it's just using his name to make the point. No one is asking you to feel sympathy for any one individual.

The fans want more games, the sponsors want more games, the ruling bodies want more games but at what point do we start to talk about player welfare? For some of you on here the answer appears to be never.
    It's a load of bollocks. Player 'welfare' ? My heart bleeds for them..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's a load of bollocks. Player 'welfare' ? My heart bleeds for them..

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I was merely pointing out a fact. I'm sorry if you found it inconvenient.