+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 92 of 221 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Tough start against very strong opposition. Currently 37/3 so not great but early days

79-3 at lunch, a decent recovery from 29-3. Billy Root, playing against his brother, is still there and Kiran Carlson, who had a bit of a nightmare last season, but I think has something about him, has played well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    79-3 at lunch, a decent recovery from 29-3. Billy Root, playing against his brother, is still there and Kiran Carlson, who had a bit of a nightmare last season, but I think has something about him, has played well so far.
    Carlson out for 55 and now 112/4.

First Team

5 down now for 115.

Starting to look rather ominous.

166-7 at tea, I suppose the target now is 200 and a bonus point.

Excellent 8th wicket stand and at 228/7 this is a decent effort.

Bloody typical, I discover the stream is working again and the first thing I see is Douthwaite being bowled! 254-8, a really good partnership which should mean we've at least posted a competitive score.

310-8 at the close, Hogan forty not out, VanDerGuyten eighty not out. Very good first day for us.

310-8 at the close, Hogan forty not out, VanDerGuyten eighty not out. Very good first day for us.
    Thanks for posting the link Paul. Flitting in and out during the day but just had to watch the final hour with Hogan batting because he always goes for it. An excellent recovery. Hogan is 40 next month. What a signing he proved to be.

166-7 at tea, I suppose the target now is 200 and a bonus point.
    310/8 Van de Gugten's 80 not out his best ever apparently.

Good recovery.

It looked bloody cold there mind!

Yes a good recovery.

BUT, we’ve relied on our lower order to bail us out far too many times over the last few seasons.

Just like City’s inability to develop any central midfielders of real quality over the years, Glammy have the same issue with opening batsmen!

.........and numbers three, four, five and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    Yes a good recovery.

BUT, we’ve relied on our lower order to bail us out far too many times over the last few seasons.

Just like City’s inability to develop any central midfielders of real quality over the years, Glammy have the same issue with opening batsmen!
    To be fair, I think opening the batting has become a much more difficult job in the last decade or so.

i think thats not bad at all after the start ,

soon tell when yorkshire have a go later

Yorkshire 31-2 in reply to Glamorgan's 330 - a couple of wickets for Hogan who got to 54 this morning.

Yorkshire 31-2 in reply to Glamorgan's 330 - a couple of wickets for Hogan who got to 54 this morning.
    Wonderful start to the season from the vet.

It'll be just our luck he'll get called up for the Aussies!

Yorkshire 68-2 at lunch.

Absolutely fantastic so far. Hoped we'd have a good result, but didn't think we'd be bossing the game at this stage. Still a long way to go, but a win here would be fantastic.

We've got the best player in the world arriving from game 5 onwards, and a very decent all rounder in neser aswell.
    My hope was that after 4 games we would be close enough to the pace to kick on. A win here will set us up fantastically.

Edit:
    Should caveat this with the obvious. This is Glamorgan and they're bound to find a way to mess this up!!

129-5, but it’s worth remembering that we were 130-7.

5 down now. For 129. Timm wasn't happy with 85 runs. He's picked up a wicket aswell

162-7.

162-7.
    All the wickets have fallen just after I have stopped watching.

So I am watching the odd over then going back to the IPL!

167/8. Now his is where we usually struggle. Would be good to knock them over quickly and have a big lead on first innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    167/8. Now his is where we usually struggle. Would be good to knock them over quickly and have a big lead on first innings.
    Totally agree. 40/50 runs from the tail makes such a difference, mentally as much as anything. Would be fantastic If we can knock these last 2 over cheaply. Then its up to selman, Lloyd and Balibirnie to give us a good start. Barring a miracle we should get our 3 bowling points to add to the 3 batting points.

Even if it turns to disaster from here, 6 points is probably more than most would have expected us to muster against Yorkshire

9 down now. 1 run away from follow on target. With this much time left I'd bat again anyway mind