+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joey Barton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joey Barton

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Are you suggesting that black people in whatever profession should have management or boardroom positions in proportion to their numbers in the said industry, regardless of their ability? That percentages are more important than ability?
    To me that sounds like a recipe for failure.
    Some people think positive discrimination , ensuring that for example the police force represents the local community , to be a good thing

I think a lot of the people who object to this are hiding something 🤔

Re: Joey Barton

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Some people think positive discrimination , ensuring that for example the police force represents the local community , to be a good thing

I think a lot of the people who object to this are hiding something ��
    There is always the excuse by people that "people should be picked on merit" which is what this chap basically said before moving the goalposts. That is absolutely correct. People should be picked on merit. And, if you were looking at one or two companies and seeing a wholly white boardroom, it would be a case of "nothing to see here, it's only two companies". But, 100 companies? 200 football clubs? It's not positive discrimination to see black people in boardrooms or dugouts. It is, surely, to be expected when roughly 20% of the UK population is non-white, that roughly 20% of the boardrooms are also non-white.

Or, am I missing something here? I mean, thinking about it, more than 20% of cleaning staff are non-white. I guess that is ok though, because who wants to be a cleaner, right?