+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Elephant In The Room

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    So, it doesn't say that anywhere does it ? ie: "Sports people must take the knee until, racism is fixed". Your disrespect to the actions by sportsmen and the like with their 'little flurry of pretending to care' speaks volumes. I'm not racist and nor are you, you just have a different opinion on whether this should continue, but your suggestion that this should be obligatory until racism is fixed, is simply your opinion and of course others, I have a different opinion, also along with others.

Your original reply (an edit of my original post) is akin to a television interview being edited just to display wrong doing or guilt to a party.
    My view is that if you believe there is injustice you have a choice to be silent or not about it. Athletes have a platform and they’re choosing to say something or be seen even when sport isn’t televised. NYC made a point in another thread that made it sound that it was only appropriate to make a stand if you have a platform. I disagree with that and choose to be visible with my opposition to injustice every day. I’m happy to be challenged publicly on it... in fact I welcome it

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    My view is that if you believe there is injustice you have a choice to be silent or not about it. Athletes have a platform and they’re choosing to say something or be seen even when sport isn’t televised. NYC made a point in another thread that made it sound that it was only appropriate to make a stand if you have a platform. I disagree with that and choose to be visible with my opposition to injustice every day. I’m happy to be challenged publicly on it... in fact I welcome it
    The point I was trying to make was aimed specifically at taking a knee and being seen/heard. I think everyone should do what they can to end injustice.