Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Nationalise the trains , buses , gas , water , electricity etc and bring back social care into local authority teams instead of allowing private companies to make huge profits in delivering shit services

Naff off thatcher
I've told you before about local authority statutory care run by local authorities. Ask for help and they say they haven't the staff to help. Nationalised care via local authorities stinks. I can also tell you about nationalised trains. I used to catch the 06.40 out of Cardiff to Paddington up to 5 days a week. The service was abysmal and only improved when BR were competing for the contract which they eventually lost. I know costs have escalated but use of the trains has increased markedly over the years. However, I think ticketing should be centralised.

As for nationalised electricity power cuts due to industrial action were the order of the day. I remember well cooking a meal and boiling a kettle on a camping stove. Thank gawd those days are over. If you don't remember those days you must be younger than I thought. Just imagine if secondary picketing and workers holding the country to ransom. That's nationalisation for you.