+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2nd leg tactics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2nd leg tactics

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Now there has been 2 games against Fulham in recent weeks and both of them we have looked incapable of scoring.

The 433 doesn't seem to work, Hoilett can't get the better at all of Christie. Midfield seem no interest in showing for the ball apart from Tomlin, he had to come deep as Ralls and Pack can't do what he does.

I just think we aren't going to suddenly outplay Fulham.

For a one off game need to score at least 2 in I would try.

Smithies
    Morrison Flint Bamba
    Hoilett Bennett
    Bacuna. Vokes
    Tomlin
    Paterson Ward

I would suggest trying to be clever to win some fouls down the channels and then have got plenty to aim for from set pieces.

Its obviously not the most mobile of defences but look at the goal we conceded.

Its potentially a disaster waiting to happen but feel like we are going to go into it with same tactics hoping to sneak a goal and then grab another late on which has looked unlikely on the last 180 minutes.
    I’d agree. Think we could play Fulham 20 times with last night’s team and not win once because they’re simply better than us.

Would not be against throwing in Patto just to mix things up and roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I’d agree. Think we could play Fulham 20 times with last night’s team and not win once because they’re simply better than us.
    Well, Barnsley and Hull have both beaten Fulham 3-0 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well, Barnsley and Hull have both beaten Fulham 3-0 this season.
    Noticed that earlier when I was trying to find a bit of hope to cling onto. First goal is crucial.

Also found that in the 8 home games where they've gone behind they've only won 1, drawn 1 and lost the other 6, so there's def some sort of weakness there.

I think it's important we start well like we have in the 2 recent games against them but take one of our chances this time!!! As soon as the games settles they'll get into a flow and we might struggle to get near them again.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Noticed that earlier when I was trying to find a bit of hope to cling onto. First goal is crucial.

Also found that in the 8 home games where they've gone behind they've only won 1, drawn 1 and lost the other 6, so there's def some sort of weakness there.

I think it's important we start well like we have in the 2 recent games against them but take one of our chances this time!!! As soon as the games settles they'll get into a flow and we might struggle to get near them again.
    We can start like we did but sustaining it is going to be difficult in my opinion, loads of chasing and reacting must be exhausting for the players. Fulham seem to work it out quite quickly as well.

I'd put Murphy in a central roll in the hope that he turns up and uses his pace to turn Fulham, none of our strikers have that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

Here's more tragic hope to cling onto. Did you see the Cheltenham v Northampton L2 play-off game? Cheltenham won the first-leg 2-0 at Northampton. I watched the 2nd game as Cheltenham are my local team and Northampton come roaring out the blocks, got an early goal and Cheltenham completely crumbled under the pressure. Northampton won 3-0 in the end but it could easily have been 4 or 5 they were so dominant. They also then won the final 4-0.

Mostly likely a one-off (first-time a 2-goal 1st-leg deficit has been overturned?) but a glimmer perhaps to keep us interested.