+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Manager

Chris wilder would be my choice he was willing to speak to Forest who are as much of a basket case as us but the committee will get a hoofball manager no other club would touch so expect Tony Pulis

Quote Originally Posted by jord1927 View Post
    Chris wilder would be my choice he was willing to speak to Forest who are as much of a basket case as us but the committee will get a hoofball manager no other club would touch so expect Tony Pulis
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Good call.
    When Warnock was sacked we had a great opportunity to appoint a decent manager. Presently the club will only attract someone at the end of their career, desperate for a job, or someone from the lower leagues looking for the next step.
    My opinion is that City will not budge with McCarthy until his contract is up then we will end up with another “basket case” appointment from the board with zero knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    When Warnock was sacked we had a great opportunity to appoint a decent manager. Presently the club will only attract someone at the end of their career, desperate for a job, or someone from the lower leagues looking for the next step.
    My opinion is that City will not budge with McCarthy until his contract is up then we will end up with another “basket case” appointment from the board with zero knowledge
    Personally think he was the right manager at the time

Imagine giving a football playing manager this squad - we would have sank like a stone.

He is doing crap but what is required. Bring through youth and allow the transition from our older players and ensure we stay in the league

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Imagine giving a football playing manager this squad - we would have sank like a stone.

He is doing crap but what is required. Bring through youth and allow the transition from our older players and ensure we stay in the league
    yeah, we are t in a position to go up in this season or next, the most we can ask for is to stabilise in mid table and bring through some youngsters while we cycle out the high wage players.
    I think Mick is doing basically that.
    it's a bit of a come down from what we are used to bit it was always going to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Surely what we have can be slowly blended into a decent football team? We have a few players who are comfortable in the ball and players like Morrison and Moore who can do a job. I’d rather implement change and finish 18th than trudge along watching guff and finishing the standard 8-10th as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely what we have can be slowly blended into a decent football team? We have a few players who are comfortable in the ball and players like Morrison and Moore who can do a job. I’d rather implement change and finish 18th than trudge along watching guff and finishing the standard 8-10th as ever.
    I agree. Anyway i'm sure pro footballers can adapt to passing a ball to a fellow player on the floor

Quote Originally Posted by jord1927 View Post
    Yes Chris Wilder for me too. Very successful with both Northamton and Sheffield Utd. Best manager who might come here out there.

Steve Morrison if we go down the inexperienced route. How's Gareth Ainsworth doing these days?