Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Hornchurch are as far down as a level lower than Morison ever played while he was in non-league (Bishop's Stortford were in the Conference South while he was playing for them). It's an incredible move from level 2 to level 7. Makes you wonder how many times he got knocked back for jobs further up the pyramid and why he's apparently such an unattractive option for Football League and even National League clubs.
Morison won a manager of a month award at Championship level, he kept a team up that had lost eight straight matches and were 3-0 down before drawing in his first game. Also,the loan signings he made in January were generally regarded as having played a big part in avoiding the drop. I say this only to show that it wasn’t all bad under Morison even if I was never that keen on him.

I’d also say he would have got more time to bed in what was a new squad, which was supposed to be playing in a completely different manner, at most other clubs, so it seems odd to me that not one club all the way down to the National Leagues North or South deemed Morison worthy of managing their team. Maybe Morison has a problem with how he is perceived within the game?