+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it time to give OGS credit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is it time to give OGS credit?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes

People are allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. Is he a tactical genius though or just have very good players at his disposal

Personally I think he deserves credit if he also deserves the criticism when things go wrong

He’d still struggle here though. What he tried to do would have never worked with less talented players.
    This is my main point of contention. It's quite a conundrum. He inherited talent. He easily buys talent. In my mind, he just tells them to go out and play. I don't know.

He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights down here, nobody to guide him, nobody to stop him spending money on panic buys encouraged by dubious agents no doubt. Basically useless. Up there he’s got the luxury of a huge infrastructure, he can be more or less the figurehead or the face of well oiled machine, a machine that’s making the important decisions. Doubt that he’s got the final ‘chequebook’ say whereas Dalman was, being a Man U fan, in awe of him and gave him so much rope he eventually hung himself.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights down here, nobody to guide him, nobody to stop him spending money on panic buys encouraged by dubious agents no doubt. Basically useless. Up there he’s got the luxury of a huge infrastructure, he can be more or less the figurehead or the face of well oiled machine, a machine that’s making the important decisions. Doubt that he’s got the final ‘chequebook’ say whereas Dalman was, being a Man U fan, in awe of him and gave him so much rope he eventually hung himself.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This is my main point of contention. It's quite a conundrum. He inherited talent. He easily buys talent. In my mind, he just tells them to go out and play. I don't know.
    Am on the side that says little-no sympathy.
    He spent more money than any other premiership team. They also had a group of top players in the reserves and he could not seem to make a team out of them.
    Maybe another manager could do it but I think a few players need to go out of the exit door so they can re-group.
    Pogba to start and the guy that was loaned to West Ham did not want to go back to Old Trafford. For me, if I have players that would prefer to be somewhere else I would let them go.
    They need a “steely” midfield player like Kean or Scholes

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    They need a “steely” midfield player like Keane or Scholes
    Don’t we all, although the midfield enforcers seem thin on the ground in the modern game. Teams used to be built around them, I’d imagine Kav was our last genuine general.