+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Cancel Culture A Threat To Comedy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Cancel Culture A Threat To Comedy

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He still got canceled. And now Louis CK is no longer working as a comedian.
    He was still releasing specials on April this year. So he is still releasing comedy.

His actions haven't cancelled him it has made him less attractive to employ or to have in your venue.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    He was still releasing specials on April this year. So he is still releasing comedy.

His actions haven't cancelled him it has made him less attractive to employ or to have in your venue.
    Exactly right.

I'm subscribed to his email newsletters because I purchased one of his stand-ups about 5 years ago (and I'm too lazy to unsubscribe) - he's still peddling his specials and live tours.

Just had a look at the last one I received and it's from July 2nd where he's advertising an "audio series" that he's done. If this is him being cancelled then it appears that nobody has told him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Exactly right.

I'm subscribed to his email newsletters because I purchased one of his stand-ups about 5 years ago (and I'm too lazy to unsubscribe) - he's still peddling his specials and live tours.

Just had a look at the last one I received and it's from July 2nd where he's advertising an "audio series" that he's done. If this is him being cancelled then it appears that nobody has told him.
    I watched his special earlier this year.

It did seem a bit of a dip, but I think that happens with a lot of comics, same topics, same style etc.

I personally think he was on the wain anyway

Did like Louis CK before that thing came out mind.