+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have.

Just back from the weekly shop and loads of items have jumped up - especially fresh food.

Also agree with a comment you made on another thread - fewer people in the shops than a month ago. 'Cost Of Living Crisis' really biting. However, did a 450 mile round trip a few days ago from South Yorkshire to South Wales via Coventry and Evesham - covering peak and non-peak times, and no sense of fewer cars on the road despite the petrol price going through the roof.
    You're lucky to find any fresh food about. Since Brexit I've found less and less fresh produce available everywhere. I suspect before too long we'll be experiencing Soviet style queues for food shopping. As opposed to Northern Ireland which appears to be coping much better.

Re: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You're lucky to find any fresh food about. Since Brexit I've found less and less fresh produce available everywhere. I suspect before too long we'll be experiencing Soviet style queues for food shopping. As opposed to Northern Ireland which appears to be coping much better.
    Mention of those, my source who says the crap storm will hit before the end of July at the latest, which I availed here, did refer to price controls being implemented.