Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
A few general gripes:

1. Transportation to/from the stadium is truly horrendous. I cycled when I was back in the summer and security had cordoned off the cycle rack and moaned when I wanted to use it. The bus situation is a joke. No buses run near the stadium until around an hour after the game. The bus depot is 100 meters away FFS...

2. The general matchday "experience" is drab and boring. There is very little on offer underneath the stands and the prices are silly. (The music played always makes me laugh too - does the club not know anything about the demographics of the early arrivers at games? These are not teens into Taylor Swift, they're old farts.) I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who have been to a US sporting event at a newer stadium and been shocked by higher quality "experience".

3. I'm guessing the walk-up attendance on a match day is low. The reason for this is the club (and indeed most football clubs) have this all wrong - these are discretionary purchasers, not those who have no alternative for their $, like late flight bookers. The club should be discounting last minute customers, not penalizing them. Every empty seat is a wasted revenue opportunity with most costs of attendance being fixed.
If you offer discounts for last minute customers, lots of fans would leave buying tickets until the last moment, creating a big problem.