+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: REPUBLIC of IRELAND 0 - 0 WALES. Match thread

Re: REPUBLIC of IRELAND v WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Don't be such a child, I'm clearly just saying that the reason this is a shit game might not be because of the lack of fans. Sometimes, a lot of times, they're just shit games
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Don't be such a child, I'm clearly just saying that the reason this is a shit game might not be because of the lack of fans. Sometimes, a lot of times, they're just shit games
    And I’m saying it is...if the fans were in there it would not be like a training game.

Can we call up Doidge for the next game with Moore suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Not a red card...he genuinely went for the ball...
    You can go for the ball and still be reckless.

Two terrible balls from Brooks. WTF?

Jeez. That was dire and as poor as I have seen from a Wales team in a long time. No urgency. No quality with the final ball.

That was shit.

Maybe we score these late goals by boring the opposition into submission.

The Editor will have their work cut out to create a highlights programme for BBC Wales tonight

Kieffer Moore should go home if they are not going to bother passing to him.

A point on the road after two wins is still a decent return but FFS try and score and give the fans back home something to cheer.

20 seconds to go the ball should be hammered to Moore in the box but we pass pass pass to the final whistle.

Abysmal performance as far as I'm concerned, ROI are an awful team that couldn't even fill a bench and we played like we wanted a 0-0, no urgency and the Morrell and Smith combo aren't good enough to play the way Giggs is trying, passing accuracy is too poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Kieffer Moore should go home if they are not going to bother passing to him.

A point on the road after two wins is still a decent return but FFS try and score and give the fans back home something to cheer.

20 seconds to go the ball should be hammered to Moore in the box but we pass pass pass to the final whistle.
    That annoyed me. Against ten men we should have been pumping the ball forward. Disappointing because we need wins re world rankings with the World Cup draw next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Lets hope Nico Williams develops quickly because Connor Roberts is absolute shyte
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Abysmal performance as far as I'm concerned, ROI are an awful team that couldn't even fill a bench and we played like we wanted a 0-0, no urgency and the Morrell and Smith combo aren't good enough to play the way Giggs is trying, passing accuracy is too poor.
    yep....agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    god this is dull. i actually enjoyed watching us get thumped by England more than this.
    That's because they had 100 cameras at Wembley, and only 1 in Dublin

Re: FT: REPUBLIC of IRELAND 0 - 0 WALES. Match thread

That was a waste of nearly 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That annoyed me. Against ten men we should have been pumping the ball forward. Disappointing because we need wins re world rankings with the World Cup draw next month.
    We're pretty much nailed on Pot 2 I think, the England game scuppered any chance of Pot 1

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We're pretty much nailed on Pot 2 I think, the England game scuppered any chance of Pot 1
    Unfortunately so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    the Morrell and Smith combo aren't good enough to play the way Giggs is trying, passing accuracy is too poor.
    I have a feeling Giggs is trying to fast track Levitt for his passing ability, but it could take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I have a feeling Giggs is trying to fast track Levitt for his passing ability, but it could take a while.
    Agreed, he’s definitely not close to being ready at the moment.

Thank goodness I missed the first 35 minutes for MotoGP. Why play Dan James if we're not going to put the ball in front of him. One dimensional.

It was a poor decision. Jonny Williams should have come on ahead of Levitt.

Giggs certainly seems to have his favourites who get brought on regardless of the impact it has on shape, Levitt and N.Williams are two of those. Surely it would have made more sense to bring on N.Williams for C.Roberts and Brooks for Wilson? Have a more attacking full back to overlap Brooks who can cut in onto his favoured left foot? Jonny in the middle to provide some much needed impetus

I don’t understand the tactics when McClean went off

Pathetic waste of time.

Still a point but Christ what a boring boring game

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It was a poor decision. Jonny Williams should have come on ahead of Levitt.

Giggs certainly seems to have his favourites who get brought on regardless of the impact it has on shape, Levitt and N.Williams are two of those. Surely it would have made more sense to bring on N.Williams for C.Roberts and Brooks for Wilson? Have a more attacking full back to overlap Brooks who can cut in onto his favoured left foot? Jonny in the middle to provide some much needed impetus
    I think playing Roberts & Williams togther on the right might be another Giggs project. I'm not sure if Brooks is fully fit, otherwise he would have started ahead of Wilson. My impression is he has one eye on the Euros, and he is using these games to develop the team.

I think playing Roberts & Williams togther on the right might be another Giggs project.
    Brooks is one of the most exciting players in our squad, playing a right back ahead of him is sheer lunacy