+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What? Nothing on Andy Rinomhota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What? Nothing on Andy Rinomhota

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ok, I’ll rephrase, another midfielder who isn’t great technically by the sounds of it. Energy over ability. Yet some would have you believe we are going to be popping the ball around like Peps Barcelona when Morison is able to build his own squad and change our style.

Nothing of any substance done to address our severe lack of creativity so far.
    yeah I would agree with that, it looks like we've focussed on improving the pace and energy throughout the side, I think we are going to be a far more horrible team to play against this season which definitely not a bad thing as so many sides just carved straight through us last season.
    I wonder if we are going to focus on an aggressive high press, as if that is successful you don't need as much creativity to score as the chances are against less organized defences. the likes of Colwill, Harris and Davies have all shown they can finish chances when the defence is stretched.

that said I do hope the next couple of signings will add a bit more goal threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah I would agree with that, it looks like we've focussed on improving the pace and energy throughout the side, I think we are going to be a far more horrible team to play against this season which definitely not a bad thing as so many sides just carved straight through us last season.
    I wonder if we are going to focus on an aggressive high press, as if that is successful you don't need as much creativity to score as the chances are against less organized defences. the likes of Colwill, Harris and Davies have all shown they can finish chances when the defence is stretched.

that said I do hope the next couple of signings will add a bit more goal threat.
    Well, if that is the case, let’s hope the coaching team have learned how to set the team up to press because the effort to high press Swansea was quite frankly one of the worst examples of pressing I have ever seen. I was in the new stand and had a great view of positions and it was shocking. It’s one thing saying we want to play a pressing game, or a passing game but you have to have the ability to coach it. Ironically, our 2 months of good results seemd to come when we want back to direct football. Either side of that 2 month period we weren’t great.

Personally I’ve had an absolute **** full of Cardiff City being set up as a team that is more effective without the ball than it is with it so I hope you are wrong. However, I won’t hold my breath waiting for any genuine quality / creativity to be signed. Double pivot is fine if you are playing with a 10 and creative players in front of you but based on last season Morison was reluctant to play a 10 and didn’t seem to know how to get the best out of Colwill.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well, if that is the case, let’s hope the coaching team have learned how to set the team up to press because the effort to high press Swansea was quite frankly one of the worst examples of pressing I have ever seen. I was in the new stand and had a great view of positions and it was shocking. It’s one thing saying we want to play a pressing game, or a passing game but you have to have the ability to coach it. Ironically, our 2 months of good results seemd to come when we want back to direct football. Either side of that 2 month period we weren’t great.

Personally I’ve had an absolute **** full of Cardiff City being set up as a team that is more effective without the ball than it is with it so I hope you are wrong. However, I won’t hold my breath waiting for any genuine quality / creativity to be signed. Double pivot is fine if you are playing with a 10 and creative players in front of you but based on last season Morison was reluctant to play a 10 and didn’t seem to know how to get the best out of Colwill.

We shall see.
    I think we wanted to play with a 10 but we were far too weak in the middle without the additional man there. Now we have some more mobile players it might release the shackles on someone like Colwill.
    I guess we will see for ourselves soon enough though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think we wanted to play with a 10 but we were far too weak in the middle without the additional man there. Now we have some more mobile players it might release the shackles on someone like Colwill.
    I guess we will see for ourselves soon enough though
    If we were that weak in the middle why have we offered Ralls a new contract plus Wintle was regarded to have been a success on his return from Blackpool. He’s also one of the few players we have who are comfortable in the ball.

But, yes, it’s all guesswork at the moment. Maybe Bale will save end up saving Morison like he did Coleman.