+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

But nice to see mackers lad involved

1-0, Harry Kane like finish by Etete.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    1-0, Harry Kane like finish by Etete.
    great, if he turns into a good championship level striker it will be such a massive plus for the season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    great, if he turns into a good championship level striker it will be such a massive plus for the season
    Well, it was either a great finish or a fluke and I think the latter is more likely really. City playing too much like a bunch of individuals, but Bagan, Whyte and Etete aren’t doing bad.

2-0, That’s better, Etete, Watters and Whyte combine well for a goal by the latter.

3-0, Philogene runs fifty yards with the ball and finishes well.

started watching second half, lots of sloppy mistakes from both teams

3-1 now

4-1, Tanner with a good first time finish from twenty yards.

Finished 4-1.

Wonder if we'll see any those who played today on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Wonder if we'll see any those who played today on Saturday.
    Watters played the whole game and Etete went off after an hour, so I’d guess the latter is more likely to be involved on Saturday, but I think Harris will start. Thought Whyte played pretty well, but Philogene didn’t do a great deal apart from score a good goal.

Thought Antwi did well as a one man midfield.

Can we expect Tanner to step up to the first team this season? I was really excited by his signing before the season started, but have hardly seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Can we expect Tanner to step up to the first team this season? I was really excited by his signing before the season started, but have hardly seen him.
    He improved as the game went on and took his goal well, but I’ve not seen someone who’s ready for the first team in his under 21 appearances.

It's a huge step up from what he's use to, hopefully theres a plan in place to A) Get his fitness up to a professional standard B) Send him out on loan in January so he can real football league experience.

Next year with a full 12 months of working within the football league should determine if he has the ability to make it

Well, it was either a great finish or a fluke and I think the latter is more likely really. City playing too much like a bunch of individuals, but Bagan, Whyte and Etete aren’t doing bad.
    looking at the replay I think a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    looking at the replay I think a fluke
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Craig Knight has chosen his 20-player squad to represent Cymru in the qualifying round for the 2023 European U17 Championship in Poreč, Croatia next week.
    Cymru are in Group 7 alongside Croatia, Sweden, and Albania.

The qualifying round will begin on the 20 October where Cymru will face Croatia at Stadion Veli Jože (KO 12:00). They will then take on Sweden at Stadion Lako on October 23 (KO 10:00).

Cymru will return to Stadion Lako on October 26 for the final game of their qualifying campaign against Albania (KO 12:00).

Cymru U17: Alfie TUCK (Queen’s Park Rangers), Alyas DEBONO (Cardiff City), Brayden CLARKE (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Callum HARDY (Crewe Alexandra), Charlie CREW (Leeds United), Cody TWOSE (Cardiff City), Dakarai MAFICO (Cardiff City), Dylan LAWLOR (Cardiff City), Ewan GRIFFITHS (Swansea City), Freddie ISSAKA (Plymouth Argyle), Gabriele BIANCHERI (Cardiff City), Jacob COOK (Swansea City), Joe ANDREWS (Southampton), Joe BELMONT (Liverpool), Joe HATCH (Plymouth Argyle), Luey GILES (Cardiff City), Luke ARMSTRONG (Cardiff City), Rhys THOMAS (Manchester City), Troy PERRETT (Cardiff City), Zach GIGGS (Manchester United)
    Wales u17s won the group and move on to the "Elite Round" next spring where a top 2 finish ought to ensure qualification for the u17s Euros

Impressive stuff considering Wales were a pot 3 team for this

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wales u17s won the group and move on to the "Elite Round" next spring where a top 2 finish ought to ensure qualification for the u17s Euros

Impressive stuff considering Wales were a pot 3 team for this
    Very impressive stuff and grounds for optimism considering how many City players were in the squad. Just done some Googling and Wales began with a 0-0 draw with Albania, then came a 3-3 draw with Sweden where we came back from 3-1 down with City’s Luey Giles equalising in the ninth minute of added time, before finishing with a 2-0 win over Croatia.

To balance the good news, Wales’ 22 strong squad for the annual Victory Shield competition for under 16s does not contain a single City player.

Very impressive stuff and grounds for optimism considering how many City players were in the squad. Just done some Googling and Wales began with a 0-0 draw with Albania, then came a 3-3 draw with Sweden where we came back from 3-1 down with City’s Luey Giles equalising in the ninth minute of added time, before finishing with a 2-0 win over Croatia.

To balance the good news, Wales’ 22 strong squad for the annual Victory Shield competition for under 16s does not contain a single City player.
    To be fair, I imagine a fair few of the u17s qualify for that one too?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To be fair, I imagine a fair few of the u17s qualify for that one too?
    True.

I've noticed that Zimba hasn't been in the Newport squad for their last few matches. Anyone know if he's injured, or just dropped?
    King's also only been coming in for the last quarter of an hour in Crewe's last couple of games.

U21s playing today. 2 trialists starting. https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...66865599119360

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    U21s playing today. 2 trialists starting. https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...66865599119360
    Anyone know if this on the club live site or YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Anyone know if this on the club live site or YouTube?
    Doesn't look like it.