+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Real Madrid and all that.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Real Madrid and all that.

Finished it this morning, fantastic nostalgic read. When you write the screenplay could you take a bit of poetic licence and make the film have a happy ending? We’ve all seen true life films veer from the truth. A Cup Winners Cup Final and promotion would cheer up a year that rivalled 2020 for anguish

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Finished it this morning, fantastic nostalgic read. When you write the screenplay could you take a bit of poetic licence and make the film have a happy ending? We’ve all seen true life films veer from the truth. A Cup Winners Cup Final and promotion would cheer up a year that rivalled 2020 for anguish
    Toshack turns Liverpool down, stays with us through his playing career, takes over as manager and does the same sort of thing with us as he did with the jacks (except for his last couple of years there!) - that sort of thing?

Glad you enjoyed it, still can’t correct that mistake I made about the League Cup though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Toshack turns Liverpool down, stays with us through his playing career, takes over as manager and does the same sort of thing with us as he did with the jacks (except for his last couple of years there!) - that sort of thing?

Glad you enjoyed it, still can’t correct that mistake I made about the League Cup though.
    It was great Paul and part of reading such books, books about time that you lived through, is facts correcting your ‘in your mind’s eye’ recollections. Your Wembley error was small potatoes compared to the ‘Oh, f*ck, of course it was’ moments I had reading it. It truly was a defining season for the City

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was great Paul and part of reading such books, books about time that you lived through, is facts correcting your ‘in your mind’s eye’ recollections. Your Wembley error was small potatoes compared to the ‘Oh, f*ck, of course it was’ moments I had reading it. It truly was a defining season for the City

I know what you mean. 50 years later I was convinced that Ronnie Bird scored the winner against Bristol City and Tom Whalley scored the winner for Watford.
    It doesn’t mention it but was Carlisle game an 11am kick off? I remember one very early kick off against
    them not to clash with the rugby. I seem to remember their keeper Ross being penalised a few times for handling the ball outside the area when punting it upfield. I’m not sure if this was in the 4-0 Warboys match though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I know what you mean. 50 years later I was convinced that Ronnie Bird scored the winner against Bristol City and Tom Whalley scored the winner for Watford.
    It doesn’t mention it but was Carlisle game an 11am kick off? I remember one very early kick off against
    them not to clash with the rugby. I seem to remember their keeper Ross being penalised a few times for handling the ball outside the area when punting it upfield. I’m not sure if this was in the 4-0 Warboys match though.
    No, it wasn’t the Warboys match Hamish, It was two, maybe three, seasons later - it was the year Carlisle got promoted and finished up 2-2. You’re right about it being on the morning of a rugby international - Wales beat Scotland, but only by 6-0, thanks to a try by Terry Cobner.