Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
Come on then...

What's gonna happen at PMQ's at midday?

A / Will he stick to the line that the party didn't happen? Explain the Allegra Stratton video as banter etc. Viable, just about, unless photo evidence emerged. Highly unlikely no one took a a photo if there were 40 people there, even if it was illicit. Papers would protect a source and pay them handsomely.

B / Acknowledge the party, say he was misled, have a night of the long knives moment and fire a load of people. Result is he looks stronger, at least for now. If he genuinely didn't know then this is the right thing, although it shows he doesn't know what is happening in his own backyard.

C / Admit he knew about it and misled people, explain that Covid has been hard on us all and offer to resign in the coming months and apologise for letting people down? Slim chance.

D / Push back at Labour. Highlight their inconsistencies and misdemeanours (of which there are some, but no where near as bad Covid wise) and accuse them of trying to undermine trust in the government and put lives at risk with a story that is a year old etc?

I can't think of a realistic alternative option.

I'm Voting for A, followed by D. Option B would be fun.
None of the those. See my theory above.