+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Superbowl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Superbowl

I loved american football many years ago. My team were the Dolphins, always wanted them to beat the Packers and the 49ers in particular. But they're not the team they used to be.
    They used to say that the noise was so intense in the Orange bowl when the dolphins were in defense that the opposition QB couldn't make himself heard by his own players 6 feet away .
    I remember them playing Chicago in Chicago in a blizzard. The game still went ahead. Any ball sport in this country would have been called off before they even started. It's a great game if you understand it. And if the rules in soccer put the ball in play as much as it is n ithat game all these players would be creamed after a match.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I remember them playing Chicago in Chicago in a blizzard. The game still went ahead. Any ball sport in this country would have been called off before they even started. It's a great game if you understand it. And if the rules in soccer put the ball in play as much as it is n ithat game all these players would be creamed after a match.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_N...he_Ice_Bowl%22

Can't see the Ice Bowl making it past Derby's groundsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I loved american football many years ago. My team were the Dolphins, always wanted them to beat the Packers and the 49ers in particular. But they're not the team they used to be.
    They used to say that the noise was so intense in the Orange bowl when the dolphins were in defense that the opposition QB couldn't make himself heard by his own players 6 feet away .
    A one hour American football game takes about two and a half hours to complete. They are standing around half the time with thirty five second breaks between each play, breaks between each quarter, a fifteen to thirty minute half time, three time outs each team each half, advert breaks every few minutes, injury time outs, review and challenge time outs etc etc. Their players wouldn't last five minutes in a soccer game. Most of them are bulked up and overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A one hour American football game takes about two and a half hours to complete. They are standing around half the time with thirty five second breaks between each play, breaks between each quarter, a fifteen to thirty minute half time, three time outs each team each half, advert breaks every few minutes, injury time outs, review and challenge time outs etc etc. Their players wouldn't last five minutes in a soccer game. Most of them are bulked up and overweight.
    I'm not sure them being less fit than "soccer players" is correct but even if they are so what?

They get paid millions because anyone could do it? Some offensive linemen are over 300lbs but can run 40 yards in under 5 seconds. I bet there's not one player in the PL that could run across the middle, catch a pass and hold on to the ball as they get hit by a 250lb linebacker at full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They get paid millions because anyone could do it? Some offensive linemen are over 300lbs but can run 40 yards in under 5 seconds. I bet there's not one player in the PL that could run across the middle, catch a pass and hold on to the ball as they get hit by a 250lb linebacker at full speed.
    Mehmet off again.

He's probably got the same attitude to running a football club.

'How hard can it be?'

Your talking through your arse here dml. I’ve played both sports (& egg) and they’re not comparable, fitness wise the only sport on a par is Rugby League. The impacts are constant and from angles you’re not expecting. I loved playing the sport but I had more injuries in 2 years than playing football for 25 years