+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fortress CCS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fortress CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This is the fourth season where our home form has been pretty dreadful. I thought I'd have a look to see where our stats compare with all the other sides in the league.

There have been 88 teams who have competed in all of the last 4 league seasons, I've discounted those who haven't featured in all 4 seasons.

We've won a whopping 27 home games out of 84, failing to win in 57 matches. It's not the worst record out there, but not far off it. As teams have played different numbers of home games, it's probably best to work with win percentage instead. Ours is 32.1%. Below us are Colchester, Harrogate (both 31%), Birmingham (30.1%), Fleetwood (28.6%) and AFC Wimbledon (27.7%). 82 league sides have won more games at home than us in 4 seasons (so far). That's garbage.

Only Doncaster Rovers have lost more games at home in 4 seasons. Converted to defeat percentage, only Doncaster and Everton have lost more games at home as a percentage.

Only 7 sides have scored less goals at home on average than us.

Yet our crowds have risen each season since lockdown. Goodness knows why.
    Incredible that so many still turn up……

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Incredible that so many still turn up……
    Do they though?

Season tickets now are cheaper than ninian Park was. Bob bank terrace was 299 and thats 16 years ago- canton stand now is cheaper than that?

Credit to the club for that. It also boosts attendance figures as I heard someone say there weren't 12k in the ground yesterday and for most of 2nd half about 8k. Yet was announced as nearly 20k. Would be interesting to see the actual numbers who attended?

Season tickets mean you can miss more than half the games and financially its still cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Do they though?

Season tickets now are cheaper than ninian Park was. Bob bank terrace was 299 and thats 16 years ago- canton stand now is cheaper than that?

Credit to the club for that. It also boosts attendance figures as I heard someone say there weren't 12k in the ground yesterday and for most of 2nd half about 8k. Yet was announced as nearly 20k. Would be interesting to see the actual numbers who attended?

Season tickets mean you can miss more than half the games and financially its still cheaper.
    They probably don’t most of the time, yesterday was so predictable…..why work all week and waste the best day off to see that? I’d love to know if a walk up crowd even exists anymore…..