Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I reckon Bournemouth can forget about the Premier League for a very long time if they do don’t go up next season.

Don’t mind who wins a Brentford v Barnsley final, but if it’s the jacks, then I’m a Bees fan!
I watched it up until just before 14:00 and thought that Bournemouth could have won right up until Mepham's cheating. I'm not a fan of Mepham when he plays for Wales let alone against us or anyone else. He's an accident waiting to happen from a strategic point of view and if there's a 50:50 decision you can pretty much guarantee he'll make the wrong one.

Should there be a change in the rules where the referee has the discretion to award a penalty in situations like that? How would we feel if it happened against us and the opposition went on to win? It's one of those that taking one for the team (as I've said - cheating) when an attacking player is through one-on-one seems unfair. I know there's no guarantee that the attacking player would score but that goes for a penalty too. We've had this rule in football for (?) but the game and players have changed, that's without throwing money and betting into the mix. There's a rule which states that if a foul is initiated outside the box, and then continues inside the box (i.e. initial contact is made just outside the box and contact continues into it) a penalty can be awarded. So it's not such a crazy idea.

Of course, this could be a rubbish idea and I may be wrong about the current rules. It would be interesting to hear yours and anyone else's thoughts.