+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Years Eve Anyone ??

New Years Eve Anyone ??

I wonder if there will be Scottish and Welsh folk sneaking over the border to celebrate hogmanay this year 🤔

Re: New Years Eve Anyone ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder if there will be Scottish and Welsh folk sneaking over the border to celebrate hogmanay this year 🤔
    There definitely will be. Chester and Bristol will be lapping it up.

I wonder if there will be Scottish and Welsh folk sneaking over the border to celebrate hogmanay this year ��
    Yes, i would have thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    There definitely will be. Chester and Bristol will be lapping it up.
    Used to head to Bristol quite a lot in my 20’s for nye, cardiffs always been a bit shit, bit like a 6 nations event.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Used to head to Bristol quite a lot in my 20’s for nye, cardiffs always been a bit shit, bit like a 6 nations event.
    Yeah Cardiff on new year's Eve is always a lesser night than any random Friday or Saturday night really. Some good club nights perhaps but it's not really a great atmosphere.

I don't enjoy being around pissed people , went out for an early curry last night , that will do for me

I wonder if there will be Scottish and Welsh folk sneaking over the border to celebrate hogmanay this year ��
    I am, although it's to visit family so a smaller controlled gathering.

Then off to stay in Birmingham for the night before WBA on Sunday.

Apart from not being able to go to the football the current Welsh restrictions are not that too much of a bother to me personally. I'm happy to be served at the table in a pub, I have no gigs to go to until the summer and I can still go to the pool, supermarket and get takeaways/deliveries.

I do feel though for the businesses affected, especially those who can see their punters almost literally go a few hundred meters and spend their shillings in an English setting across the border.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah Cardiff on new year's Eve is always a lesser night than any random Friday or Saturday night really. Some good club nights perhaps but it's not really a great atmosphere.
    best NYE night for me was down the Hippo, but that was hardly a typical NYE night, it was like any other night

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    best NYE night for me was down the Hippo, but that was hardly a typical NYE night, it was like any other night
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/9719...907/?ref=share

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    If it's not coming up for you type in The Hip'po Club retirement home on fb.
    A new fb page set up with lots of funny stories etc from people that worked there and ran it. Phil the book