+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Great performance by the bowlers, particularly van der Gugten.
    Notts 147 ahead with just 2 wickets remaining.

Need to get these final two wickets quickly tomorrow. It’s been a problem in the past and we don’t want to be chasing more than 200 on final innings.

It’d be a real statement if we could win, but our first innings shows that plenty more runs can be scored after the eighth wicket falls these days.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’d be a real statement if we could win, but our first innings shows that plenty more runs can be scored after the eighth wicket falls these days.
    Lots of cricket to be played today and anything could happen, but agreed a win away at Notts would be a fantastic result.

Do you think Ben Duckett could come back into the England reckoning?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’d say anyone who scores early season runs will be considered. I thought Duckett was very loose for an opener when he played test cricket in India, so I’d be reluctant to consider him above three.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think he has a chance, if he continues scoring lots of runs he will be considered

Which school did he attend?

just the one more wicket now

Done well there, chase of 165 to win. Helped a bit by Evison having to bat down the order. All in all a very good first 3 innings of the game for Glamorgan.

Should be a relatively comfortable chase. Decent deck, good top order. C'mon glammy !

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Done well there, chase of 165 to win. Helped a bit by Evison having to bat down the order. All in all a very good first 3 innings of the game for Glamorgan.

Should be a relatively comfortable chase. Decent deck, good top order. C'mon glammy !
    played well so far this would be a great win and 23pts

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    played well so far this would be a great win and 23pts
    Cmon glammy

International

42 -1 Salter lbw 16

52-2, Lloyd gone.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    52-2, Lloyd gone.
    They’re not going to make this easy are they!

Bad time to lose Lloyd just before lunch. We need Labuschagne to stick around.

Second century of the season for Bracey of Gloucestershire and Haines of Sussex is 203 not out, a couple of possible England players doing well there.

There’s a possibility of a remarkable achievement at Canterbury where Kent opener Ben Compton (Dennis Compton’s grand son), having carried his bat in the first innings is still in second time around with seven wickets down - I’m sure an opener has batted right through both innings some time before in cricket, but, having been a fan of the game since the mid sixties, I’m not sure it’s happened in the domestic game in all of that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    They’re not going to make this easy are they!
    No, Chrisp has more faith in our batting than I have

It could go spectacularly wrong . But the way I see it, we needed 166, knocked off 52 of those for 2 wickets. After lunch at 1 end we have the best batsman in world cricket, at the other a bloke coming off 85 in the first innings. It ain't over til it's over, but we're in one hell of a position. Just wish I was in Nottingham, sitting in the sun with a few beers down me !!!!

12 off an over by the spinner to put us right in charge, followed by athe 2icket of Northeast next over. Need this or the next partnership to bring us home now .

Carlson not taking his time then

Not sure if the stats back this up or not, but Carlson seems to be a much better 2nd innings player than first. Always seems to stand up and score a lot of runs in the 2nd innings. Maybe its down to him preferring the spinners (his footwork is fantastic). Or maybe it's just chance

Huge 6 by Carlson to win it !! Absolutely brilliant by Glamorgan

Great win. Top of the league.

eggscellent win