+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Allen at the CCS today?

Re: Joe Allen at the CCS today?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm in two minds about him. I'm sure he could do a good job for us for one season at least. Plus he has been one of my favourite players in a Wales shirt for the last decade or so.

On the downside is his injury record and his age. Also, the fact that the more mentally challenged of our supporters would get on his back if he made a few mistakes during a match, which sadly makes me think it should be a no-no
    He's always linked up well with bale so I suppose makes sense for the club to announce them together. Then Ramsey as the 3rd.

I'm in two minds about him. I'm sure he could do a good job for us for one season at least. Plus he has been one of my favourite players in a Wales shirt for the last decade or so.

On the downside is his injury record and his age. Also, the fact that the more mentally challenged of our supporters would get on his back if he made a few mistakes during a match, which sadly makes me think it should be a no-no
    Totally agree.

When it comes to thick supporters we have a army of those

Would keep play ticking but he's not a player to build around and on the wages he would be on surely that's what he would have to be.

Decent enough at this level but people thinking of the Wales version would be left disappointed. Plenty of worse players than him have looked like world beaters for the national side at times.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When it comes to thick supporters we have a army of those
    Sludge, I've taken offence. Do you fancy a scrap? Not today though as I'm busy. Tomorrow is looking doubtful too. I'm free next week though.

A good player in his day, but getting older now. There are better players out there.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Sludge, I've taken offence. Do you fancy a scrap? Not today though as I'm busy. Tomorrow is looking doubtful too. I'm free next week though.
    Bank Holiday Monday

Porthcawl or Barry Island

Mods v Rockers

You v Me

Let's kick it off

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Silly season starts early. Having said that: Joe Allen is a class footballer and an excellent chicken farmer. He also runs a very good American diner. If he can bring any one of those three skills to our club he will be more than welcome, as far as I'm concerned.
    Always raises a smile when I pass that restaurant of his! 😂👍

Do our thick fans have their own message board, sorry, "forum" too?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    He's always linked up well with bale so I suppose makes sense for the club to announce them together. Then Ramsey as the 3rd.
    Could you imagine.
    We'd be on Sky every week.

Worth a look at Joe Allen to me, pay as you play, if such a contract exists, or a years contract.
    Even at his age he's better than we have ATM and as you say, the first of our star trio.

Please ask him upstairs to make it happen Father 🙏

He's Swansea through and through, absolutely no chance he signs for us

You mean in the same way that you are continually on the back of our manager ? Does that mean that you are mentally challenged ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You mean in the same way that you are continually on the back of our manager ? Does that mean that you are mentally challenged ?
    Oh here we go...I can't be bothered to argue with you, I hate it when these threads turn into spiteful, petty, juvenile keyboard warrior wars. However, in my defense I will say, that as a fan of 54 years standing, I have never, ever booed or jeered one of our players or managers at a game. Yes, I have vented my spleen on this message board, but never at a player or actual manager at a match.

As for Morison, you obviously know my stance on the man as our manager, with a view to taking us forward next season. As I have said before I hoped I am proved wrong and that I have to eat humble pie. We shall see though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He's Swansea through and through, absolutely no chance he signs for us
    So was Leggy, City legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Penagarob View Post
    Do our thick fans have their own message board, sorry, "forum" too?
    They most certainly do

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    So was Leggy, City legend.
    Andy Legg is a Cardiff fan.