+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Carlin religion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: George Carlin religion

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Hello Baloo. I don't think Bee's wings were used for rowing or skimming across water. If they were, they'd still be able to do it today. They'd also be placed lower on the body enabling actual contact with water. And the wing material would be more like a flipper.
    Also, wouldn't it be a huge co incidence that an appendage supposedly perfectly adapted for "paddling" in water, is also perfect for flight.
    These are harsh Darwinian selective pressures, the idea that a bee's wing was continually selected for because it could "paddle a bit" is a bit flimsy.

From what i gather, you accept that God could exist.
    With that in mind he could be responsible for creating all human life.
    When Quantum physicists suggest that we are living in a hologram, are part of parallel universes or that our whole existence is a complex mathematical equation being played out in a pre ordained fashion(God). Anything is possible, what ever the truth it will be absolutely mind blowing. I just wish people would open their minds a bit
    I think you’ve somewhat missed the point with evolutionary adaptation, but fine I don’t think I can state it any more clearly.

I only stated god could exist but there’s no evidence. I’m afraid this does not imply it’s a special case that raises the possibility in my mind above anything else I would also say I don’t believe exists. It’s merely a way of describing how I would approach deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think you’ve somewhat missed the point with evolutionary adaptation, but fine I don’t think I can state it any more clearly.

I only stated god could exist but there’s no evidence. I’m afraid this does not imply it’s a special case that raises the possibility in my mind above anything else I would also say I don’t believe exists. It’s merely a way of describing how I would approach deciding.
    Talking of evolutionary adaptation I often wonder what that anti-immigration, proudly religious, pseudo-intellectual, booringly argumentative and deeply patronising RonnieBird evolved into since his user name no longer posts on this Board.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Talking of evolutionary adaptation I often wonder what that anti-immigration, proudly religious, pseudo-intellectual, booringly argumentative and deeply patronising RonnieBird evolved into since his user name no longer posts on this Board.
    Interesting thought. But do you think Ronnie would have evolved from hard-core UKIP into full blown KKK?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting thought. But do you think Ronnie would have evolved from hard-core UKIP into full blown KKK?
    Didn't you take up the cudgels to dull the echo chamber that Ronnie and WB ran off to when the ridicule got too much? I don't know what happened to it but I guess boredom talking bollocks to people talking bollocks sets in so they have collectively decided they need a new challenge!