+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The MEETINGS MAIN POINTS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The MEETINGS MAIN POINTS

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    One thing to add to this was that they feel theyve recently brought additional "football knowledge' into the club in David Hughes and also someone who used to be at Arsenal who is now leading our recruitment department (or a similar role). Suggestions that whilst Harris brought both Ng and Watters to the table; was partially the reason behind a shift in our transfer activity in this window. Can't remember the guys name off top of my head.
    In fairness the actual job titles aren't as important as having people at the club doing the right kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In fairness the actual job titles aren't as important as having people at the club doing the right kind of things.
    Welshlad is the poster I would trust more than anyone else on here when it comes to inside info at the club and I'm not accusing him of anything here, but, if it were me representing City at that meeting and I knew that we'd recently appointed a new Head of Recruitment or something similar, I would make sure that I mentioned it - odd that it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Welshlad is the poster I would trust more than anyone else on here when it comes to inside info at the club and I'm not accusing him of anything here, but, if it were me representing City at that meeting and I knew that we'd recently appointed a new Head of Recruitment or something similar, I would make sure that I mentioned it - odd that it wasn't.
    Sorry Paul my original post wasn't clear; I was at the meeting so no inside knowledge here!!

I'm pretty sure I'm not making up () but it's strange that no-one else has mentioned it. It seemed almost a throwaway comment from Choo; that we had brought someone on-board. There was a conversation around the lack of DoF. Dalman suggested that we potentially didn't need one; and then Choo started talking about the fact that David Hughes had been brought in for additional football knowledge and to allow the previous academy manager to focus on other areas of running the academy. He then made an additional comment about bringing someone in some sort of recruitment capacity. I'm sure there was a connection with Arsenal, the name Baddiel sounds right because I immediately thought of Baddiel and Skinner at the time but I potentially could've misheard. That part of the conversation then switched to Ng and Watters and were suggested as evidence of our change in tact on transfers (though was made clear that Harris was fully on-board with both).

Maybe I dreamt it .

I wasn't able to make the meeting until last minute due to something coming up at work so didn't really take any notes, etc as was a little rushed.

Sorry Paul my original post wasn't clear; I was at the meeting so no inside knowledge here!!

I'm pretty sure I'm not making up () but it's strange that no-one else has mentioned it. It seemed almost a throwaway comment from Choo; that we had brought someone on-board. There was a conversation around the lack of DoF. Dalman suggested that we potentially didn't need one; and then Choo started talking about the fact that David Hughes had been brought in for additional football knowledge and to allow the previous academy manager to focus on other areas of running the academy. He then made an additional comment about bringing someone in some sort of recruitment capacity. I'm sure there was a connection with Arsenal, the name Baddiel sounds right because I immediately thought of Baddiel and Skinner at the time but I potentially could've misheard. That part of the conversation then switched to Ng and Watters and were suggested as evidence of our change in tact on transfers (though was made clear that Harris was fully on-board with both).

Maybe I dreamt it .

I wasn't able to make the meeting until last minute due to something coming up at work so didn't really take any notes, etc as was a little rushed.
    Thanks very much for the reply - so having given you the big build up, maybe it's not best to take what you say as the absolute truth this time

Maybe I dreamt it .

This is exactly how I heard/took, it. You are correct in every way.

PS:----- It was to long for me to print out, I only cover basics, then let others fill in the spaces I can't remember the Arsenal's fella name either

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is exactly how I heard/took, it. You are correct in every way.

PS:----- It was to long for me to print out, I only cover basics, then let others fill in the spaces I can't remember the Arsenal's fella name either
    - did honestly start thinking that I had dreamt it.

Maybe I dreamt it .

I think the name was Kevin Bodell and that his name was in the local media a few months as having been brought into the club but haven`t had time to search for the article concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I think the name was Kevin Bodell and that his name was in the local media a few months as having been brought into the club but haven`t had time to search for the article concerned.
    You remembering Kevin helped . Beadell*

Mentioned in this article - "Head of emerging talent" - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-huge-19313417

Mentioned in this article - "Head of emerging talent" - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-huge-19313417
    Does anyone know what 'head of emerging talent' means? Is it recruitment to the Academy, or something wider than that?

The club website doesn't show Tim Henderson (scouting?) or Kevin Beadell (head of emerging talent) on its' management or club staff pages.

Watch out Beadell's about