+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was an explanatory note saying that a "technical issue" meant that positive cases from earlier in the week were not recorded at the time, so they were included in Saturday's figure. It was also said that figures for the next few days will also include some cases from earlier in the week.

However, while this may go some way towards explaining any big surge in cases that began yesterday, it seems to me that this means that claims from a couple of days ago that things were levelling off were premature - the rise in infections may not be matching the doomsday scenario outlined by the two scientists in that press briefing nearly a fortnight ago, but new cases are still clearly rising at a high rate.

I'd not been checking the number of cases in Wales every day until recently, so cannot say how yesterday's figure compares with what we were seeing in March and April, but 576 is the highest I've seen by some distance - RCT figures were, as usual the highest, but they've remained fairly steady in the past week while those in other areas have been getting closer to them.
    Worldometer states that of the 12,871 cases reported on Saturday, 7070 were actual and the rest a backlog which they redistributed on their graphs. This now shows the worst day as 29 Spt with 7700 cases. Their graphs also indicate a levelling off but with very high numbers.

The data for Wales is high and includes 132 cases listed as non resident. The weekly total includes 279 in this category. Considering that the sum total since the data collection started is 511, I assume that these are university students from other parts of UK

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Worldometer states that of the 12,871 cases reported on Saturday, 7070 were actual and the rest a backlog which they redistributed on their graphs. This now shows the worst day as 29 Spt with 7700 cases. Their graphs also indicate a levelling off but with very high numbers.

The data for Wales is high and includes 132 cases listed as non resident. The weekly total includes 279 in this category. Considering that the sum total since the data collection started is 511, I assume that these are university students from other parts of UK
    Thanks for that explanation, given we're talking about 5,000 extra cases yesterday, it may be best to assume that there were a thousand more per day from Monday until Friday, so cases have been plateauing but at a rate that is above the previous record for most cases.

Your assumption regarding those 511 cases in the Welsh figures sounds correct to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

Turns out that there were 16,000 cases that were missed due to an "IT error";-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54412581

Hence the figure for yesterday was 22,000, but, even allowing for all of the extra cases, the day on day figure is now in the region of 11 to 12 thousand and the fairly encouraging figures from the back end of last week look like they were based on false information.