+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BAN WET MARKETS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: BAN WET MARKETS

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Didn't they ban them for a while after SARS and then let them sneak back in. If they don't ban them now they never will.

Yes, they did. I would prefer to ban entry for any person who has visited a country (within 6 months), or resides in a country, with known wet-markets from entry into the UK. We can't control what the Chinese do via petitions, we just have to make it difficult for them whilst they carry on.

Once we sort out the wet markets, we can then extend that to their medieval beliefs that Rhinoceros horns can improve a man's staying power.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, they did. I would prefer to ban entry for any person who has visited a country (within 6 months), or resides in a country, with known wet-markets from entry into the UK. We can't control what the Chinese do via petitions, we just have to make it difficult for them whilst they carry on.

Once we sort out the wet markets, we can then extend that to their medieval beliefs that Rhinoceros horns can improve a man's staying power.
    So any UK citizen who lives in or visits China or south East Asia can't return home?

That's gonna hurt Brits 100 times more than it'll hurt China, to be honest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So any UK citizen who lives in or visits China or south East Asia can't return home?

That's gonna hurt Brits 100 times more than it'll hurt China, to be honest.
    You can't bar entry to the UK for a citizen of the UK.

You can't bar entry to the UK for a citizen of the UK.
    So your entry ban idea is a non-starter then.

And it would mean any chinese resident in the uk could never visit home

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    And it would mean any chinese resident in the uk could never visit home
    Yep, putting pressure on the Chinese Governments to remove the wet markets.

Actually, they could visit home, they just wouldn't be able to come back unless they spent 6 months in a country where there are no wet markets.

Yep, putting pressure on the Chinese Governments to remove the wet markets.

Actually, they could visit home, they just wouldn't be able to come back unless they spent 6 months in a country where there are no wet markets.
    That wouldn't put pressure on the chinese government it would put pressure on ours for treating residents and tax payers like shit.

Banned

Only if you think that only UK citizens arrive at UK airports.

Only if you think that only UK citizens arrive at UK airports.
    What are you talking about?

Slow down a second, stop trying to reply as quick as you can. You said a ban on EVERYONE entering the UK who's been to China (and Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, etc) as they have wet markets. So no, obviously I don't think only UK people arrive at UK airports, and well done for resorting to being patronising, but that is the particular demographic I'm referring to.

How can these people be banned from entering the UK?

Banned

What are you talking about?

Slow down a second, stop trying to reply as quick as you can. You said a ban on EVERYONE entering the UK who's been to China (and Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, etc) as they have wet markets. So no, obviously I don't think only UK people arrive at UK airports, and well done for resorting to being patronising, but that is the particular demographic I'm referring to.

How can these people be banned from entering the UK?

Sorry, I would have thought you'd have known it is not possible to ban UK citizens from entering their own country - so I am a bit amazed that you jumped to the conclusion you did. Maybe you hit reply a bit quickly.

It is really quite simple to bar entry to people with certain stamps in their passports. It is already in place in, for example, Lebanon where you will be refused entry if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport. There used to be a similar thing for Greece, if you had a Turkish stamp in your passport you weren't allowed into Greece.