Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
It does feel a little like we are seeing the fruits of years of football corporatism, fans being disregarded and taken for granted, coupled now with a totally disingenuous PR movement within football that doesnt relate or consider fans much, and just leads a bitter taste in the mouth.

I felt it at the Barnsley game; huge queues, my kid being unable to buy a programme with coins, naff atmosphere, all of it. Even not having a paper ticket - i wanted one for me and my kids for the first game after Covid. City means more than going to Primark or Burger King, but we are just treated like someone with an app attached to us. It's hard to put into words, but there is very little soul, although I'm sure thats an age thing too.

After covid, the wages players earn just seem obscene and genuinely offensive in a way they never were before too. Don't get me wrong, footballers deserve to be paid handsomely and I'd rather they pay tax in the UK than in Spain etc, but £500,000 a week? Even shite City players on £20,000 a week. Seriously, piss off.
old.jpg