+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ollie Robinson/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    here is one, did punishment have to be him missing a test / series ? ? ? could he have spent his spare time ( how ever many hours were deemed fit as punishment ) going around schools educating children on the power of social media and how negative remarks can effect lives

I noticed he has been " given time off " by sussex for his mental heath and wellbeing
    Why do you think that he's in any position to tell kids what's right and wrong? It's always school kids and the military that are you touted as a tool to rehabilitate poor behaviour!

A question for you. What would your reaction be if this was an 18 to year old British born Muslim, who just so happened to be a very good cricketer and was representing England, but had posted inflammatory tweets about the British military invading Muslim countries and attacking British foreign policy? How would you react to that, and how do you think the right wing media would react? You reckon it would be a case of ' Stupid Boy' because I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why do you think that he's in any position to tell kids what's right and wrong? It's always school kids and the military that are you touted as a tool to rehabilitate poor behaviour!

A question for you. What would your reaction be if this was an 18 to year old British born Muslim, who just so happened to be a very good cricketer and was representing England, but had posted inflammatory tweets about the British military invading Muslim countries and attacking British foreign policy? How would you react to that, and how do you think the right wing media would react? You reckon it would be a case of ' Stupid Boy' because I don't.

I guess they'll learn that it doesn't matter what you do as a kid, or even at 18.

Many of us were fortunate in growing up at a juncture in when our immature behaviour and comments were not recorded, either deliberately or otherwise. No-one in their right minds condones racism but we also have to avoid the pitchfork mentality that is all-pervading these days. Measured responses rather than hysterical ones are required. End of sermon.