Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
I just find it puzzling and slightly amusing that quite a few on here would seriously contemplate employing this guy based on what he's 'achieved' with a League 2 side. If, as I said before he wasn't managing a local team, he wouldn't even be a blip on our radar. A case of Mike who ?, never heard of him, next.

If we have to check out potential managers, why not start in the division directly below us, not two divisions lower. Personally, I think we should aim much much higher even than that.
The fact that you would say “Mike Who?” maybe talks more to the lack of knowledge and , dare I say it , arrogance of your average football fan.

The fact that the guy saved the side from relegation and then achieved mid table finishes along with two play off finals on literally next to no money could only be considered a minor “achievement” ( I’m guessing the quotes suggest you think hasn’t achieved anything) by meanest follower of the game. He’s done a hell of a job.

Also, who is anyone on here to turn their nose up at flynn when their last few managers have been mccarthy, harris, warnock, trollope and slade ... you haven’t exactly been treated to the cream of the crop of football management (nor playing styles) for the last seven or eight seasons. You are used to watching pig-shite foootball as it is.

I’d pefer Flynn just on the basis that he isn’t a dinosaur or a journeyman.