+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I fear for the US (where I live).

Some people are taking this seriously but many are not. Here's one example. Last week the mayor of Phoenix closed down all the bars and restaurants so what did the idiots do? They all Ubered across the metro area to the city next door where the bars/restaurants were still open. Here's another example. I live in a co-op and the older folks have decided to do a communal jigsaw puzzle to pass the time. You couldn't make it up.

There are too many people here who slavishly watch Fox News. I walk my dog regularly around my neighbourhood and talk to people as we go. Twice in the last week I came across elderly people who thought it was "made up" and "nothing to worry about".

I cannot see a lockdown in the US (certainly not outside of California and the north east) happening. I hope people will accept it but I fear the conspiracy contrarians will not. If they put troops on the streets I fear we'll see armed conflicts flare up.
    I was in Phoenix from the 10-17 March working and flew back to Canada then. We were put on immediate lockdown for 14 days.

Work got cancelled on Monday and my wife was with me, so I took a drive to Sedona... I’d never been before. What a stunning place (would’ve been even better if we’d got out of the car but we didn’t)

We were in Scottsdale, Chandler and Phoenix though over the weekend and everywhere was busy....

It doesn’t appear that Arizona has been badly hit yet but it might come based on what I saw...

I do think that NYC is going to end up being the worst hit place on the planet though

First Team

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It doesn’t appear that Arizona has been badly hit yet but it might come based on what I saw...

I do think that NYC is going to end up being the worst hit place on the planet though
    Eventually the incidence will be the same everywhere. The difference in the % of deaths will be how the local health system copes with the influx of intensive care cases. The longer the lead (planning) time, the better they should be able to cope. I wish I could say Arizona is learning from NYC, Seattle etc but I fear it's not. People here are just not taking this seriously enough.

Sedona is very pretty. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't been.